Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Formula One Season Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Rumor is Kimi is not returning to F1 in 2010.

Confirmed anywhere?
    Steve Robertson: Rumour talks pure BS
    From MTV3.fi | Finnish Translation courtesy of Wolfie

Kimi Räikkönen's manager Steve Robertson rejects the stubborn rumour that Ferrari would replace Kimi with Alonso after this season.

"Those talks are pure BS," Robertson said to MTV3 on the telephone.

"These rumours have been going on for a while. Some quarters seem to have a habit of coming up with unjustified rumours and the magazines again want to write. A lot of the rumours come from Spanish reporters but as I said, there's no truth in them," Robertson continued.

Robertson didn't want to speculate if the group backing up Alonso could be behind the rumours.

"I don't know who is behind them but I can only assure that Kimi has a contract for the next season. Kimi is happy at Ferrari and he wants to drive for Ferrari."

Robertson says that Räikkönen is committed 110 % to continue his career in F1 and Ferrari.

"He has a contract with Ferrari and he will drive there," Robertson assured.

http://darkmaiden.spaces.live.com/

not going to post the image inline.
    See how Massa's face was after the accident at the Hungaroring.
    He surely is a lucky guy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

or unlucky at Hungary that he got hit by absolutely the most random accident....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Scary considering how Henry Surtees died just days ago. Hit by object from another car..

Massa will not be racing tomorrow. Ferrari will only field one car, yes? I'm thinking, cus the summer break is coming up after this race, Massa will be racing in the next race again.

I'm sure they can put in their 3rd driver surely. If each team is allowed to race 2 cars, and one driver is unable to race. This happened with mclaren i rememeber. They raced Alex Wurz instead for a few races some years ago.

They could run Gene or Badoer in future races, but for tomorrow i think theyre down one car. Despite the accident, Massa still qualified the car and his entry would just be withdrawn. The rules only allow substitutes prior to qualifying as well
    I am the Stig

Yeah, but I'm wondering wether or not Massa will be able to race again in one month. The European Grand Prix is the next one after Hungary, four weeks from now. Is he able to recover from these head injuries in such amount of time?

A hospital spokesman said: "He had suffered serious, life-threatening injuries including loss of consciousness and a fracture of the forehead on the left side and a fracture on the base of the skull. After the operation he is being cared for in intensive care and now he is in stable, satisfactory condition."

I'd say not. He suffered a skull fracture, and with the added risk of aggravating the concussion they'd play things safe as another accident could definately be fatal. Ferrari are only fighting for dignity atm and had already announced they were about to fully devote themselves to next year. They may yet park Massa for the rest of the year to ensure he's not affected negatively at all for next year and winter testing.
    I am the Stig

That would indeed make sense. Now that Renault are banned from the European Grand Prix, rumours put Alonso in the Ferrari for Valencia. How about that? :P

If anyone else is wondering what the previous post is about:

Renault will miss the next round of the championship for allowing Fernando Alonso to leave the pits with a wheel not properly secured during Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix.

A mistake attaching the front-right wheel at Alonso's first stop led to it coming loose from the car once the Spaniard had returned the track. He limped back to the pits but was subsequently forced to retire with a fuel pump fault.

Budapest stewards decided Renault had been negligent in failing to secure the wheel, in knowingly letting Alonso leave the pits with the problem, and in failing to inform their driver of the issue.

Renault are to appeal the decision. Should that appeal fail it means Alonso and team mate Nelson Piquet will not participate in the European Grand Prix on August 21-23.

Chrischrill, speaking about drivers change rumours, I think I've read or heard somewhere that BrawnGP is looking after Kimi. It's completely unofficial though.

As for me, I'm crossing my fingers to see my countryman Petrov in F1 with Campos. Now that Grosjean is almost in Renault, he would be a logical choice.

Autosport's latest rumor(before the official Hospital statement) is that Massa may have enough eye damage to end his career....it was also noted that his surgery may have saved his life....

On the surface though the injury doesn't look life threatening, though the eye damage was entire possible...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Autosport's latest rumor(before the official Hospital statement) is that Massa may have enough eye damage to end his career....it was also noted that his surgery may have saved his life....

On the surface though the injury doesn't look life threatening, though the eye damage was entire possible...
    the skull's fractures are surely life threatening though.
    Even if I didn't understand how he managed to get a fracture on the back of it.

They stated today he was woke up for a moment, and he reacted well to his family and doctors. He also moved both the hands and feet, despite this could have been predictable considering how they moved him into the ambulance.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post

If that's the case it provides Ferrari with an "elegant" opportunity to sign up Alonso for next year.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    If that's the case it provides Ferrari with an "elegant" opportunity to sign up Alonso for next year.....
    not if they were about to dismiss raikkonen though

Thread Information