Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2010 Daytona 24 Hours (Jan 30 - 31)

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    Very interesting!

Im kind of liking this. This kind of racing excites me! Is there anywhere, perhaps a website or something, to watch this stuff that concentrates more on the GT class or do i just kind of have to keep my eye on them while they are being passed by the prototype cars?

So what do they do to a corvette and a 911 to allow an rx-8 to be competitive with it?
    I was on TRG's website, they had a live chat/stream w/ someone who had lap times and intervals between all the GT cars and they gave updates almost every 3-5 laps

AFAIK, all the "GT" cars in Grand AM aside from 911(based on cup car) and Ferrari 430s(based on Challenge/GT3 cars), are tube frame silhouette cars. And some cars have been given more break than others(ie, RX8 runs a 3 rotor as opposed to 2(I wonder if it runs peripheral or side ports). In the case of the Camero, it was as Dino said, last year's GXP.R, with frame modified to fit the Camero-looking bodywork....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Gunman View Post
    Although I'll be cheering for the #9 Action Express DP(Joao Barbosa is a friend of mine), I'm picking #6 from MSR to win. In GT, I'll take the #70 SpeedSource Mazda. In friday's Continental Tire challenge, any of the Camaros.

Notice a trend? all Riley built chassis's
    And you have a great friend (and the most recent winner of the Daytona 24h! ).

Congratulations to Joćo. Most people on't know who he is here in Portugal but he's done a great work through his career.

Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues View Post
    he's done a great work through his career.
    ask Shorty
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    Very interesting!

Im kind of liking this. This kind of racing excites me! Is there anywhere, perhaps a website or something, to watch this stuff that concentrates more on the GT class or do i just kind of have to keep my eye on them while they are being passed by the prototype cars?

So what do they do to a corvette and a 911 to allow an rx-8 to be competitive with it?
    The RX-8(GT)has 415HP, street version has 230HP....so it's more bringing the RX-8 performance up to the others.

ROLEX 24: Race Photo Gallery
    Relive all the key moments of the 48th Rolex 24 at Daytona from SPEEDtv.com's John Dagys and Marshall Pruett.
    AUTO-RACING - ROLEX 24: Race Gallery - SPEEDtv.com

ROLEX 24: Action Express Wins Torrid 24-Hour
    In one of the fastest Rolex 24 races of the modern era, Action Express Racing wins the biggest race of the year on their GRAND-AM debut. Mazda wins Rolex GT.
    AUTO-RACING - ROLEX 24: Action Express Wins Torrid 24 - SPEEDtv.com

ROLEX 24: Race Blog
    Come back frequently as SPEEDtv.com updates a race blog from Daytona during the 2010 Rolex 24.
    AUTO-RACING - ROLEX 24: Race Blog - SPEEDtv.com

ROLEX 24: 'Ask The Drivers' Responses
    Check back all race long for new responses from drivers competing in the Rolex 24 at Daytona!
    AUTO-RACING - ROLEX 24: 'Ask The Drivers' Responses - SPEEDtv.com

ROLEX 24: Scott Pruett Pre-Race Blog
    Scott Pruett files his final exclusive 2010 Rolex 24 blog entry on SPEEDtv.com, and details what goes into his pre-race rituals and getting ready for 24 hours of fierce competition.
    AUTO-RACING - ROLEX 24: Scott Pruett Pre-Race Blog - SPEEDtv.com

ROLEX 24: Todd Lamb's Rookie Report
    Ten years ago I was pursuing my dream in the automotive industry as a mechanical engineer working on safety equipment. Today, I'll race in my first I'm Rolex 24. Life is amazing.
    AUTO-RACING - ROLEX 24: Todd Lamb's Rookie Report - SPEEDtv.com

ROLEX 24: Riley-Ford In-Car Video
    Go for a narrated lap inside Ozz Negri's's front row qualifying Michael Shank Racing Riley-Ford as he navigates the 3.56-mile Daytona International Speedway track.
    AUTO-RACING - ROLEX 24: Riley-Ford In-Car Video - SPEEDtv.com
    ROLEX 24: Leitzinger's Daytona Memories
    The three-time Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona winner has enjoyed, and endured, his share of ups and downs in the twice-around-the-clock classic.
    AUTO-RACING - ROLEX 24: Leitzinger's Daytona Memories - SPEEDtv.com

ROLEX 24: Friday Notebook
    Friday's notebook has 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Ford, Catching up with Patrick Dempsey, GTP Rolex 24 Gallery, Chips Ahoy, Alex Job's Rolex 48, Diesel Duel at Daytona? and more.
    AUTO-RACING - ROLEX 24: Friday Notebook - SPEEDtv.com

ROLEX 24: Can SunTrust Turn Pole Into Win?
    Brumos 2009 victory only sixth from pole in event's 47-Year history.
    AUTO-RACING - ROLEX 24: Can SunTrust Turn Pole Into Win? - SPEEDtv.com

ROLEX 24: Scott Pruett Thursday Blog
    Scott Pruett files his first exclusive blog entry on SPEEDtv.com.
    AUTO-RACING - ROLEX 24: Scott Pruett Thursday Blog - SPEEDtv.com

ROLEX 24: Thursday Photo Gallery
    AUTO-RACING - ROLEX 24: Thursday Photo Gallery - SPEEDtv.com

ROLEX 24: This Is Personal
    Guardian Angel Motorsport races to give children a chance to win.
    AUTO-RACING - ROLEX 24: This Is Personal - SPEEDtv.com
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues View Post
    And you have a great friend (and the most recent winner of the Daytona 24h! ).

Congratulations to Joćo. Most people on't know who he is here in Portugal but he's done a great work through his career.
    Joćo is one of the best "unknown" drivers in sports cars. It's about time he gets some recognition!! and a new watch

Marshall's best shots of the weekend: SPEEDtv.com - Gallery
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Murphy the Bear is reporting the Action Express team was backed by some High Rev Racing which is actually NASCAR upper management.

Hi-Rev Racing, LLC is owned by JC France, and Jim France. JC drove in the 59 car last year, and funded it. I haven't heard if he's funding Action Express, since he's not driving for them.

Thread Information