Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin DB9 2004-2016

Aston Martin DB9 #21
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

No white DB9's, Matt?
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Aston Martin DB9 #22
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CHEESE-TACULAR; 12-13-2006 at 06:03 PM.
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

Aston Martin DB9 #23

Aston Martin DB9 Sports Pack

From July, Aston Martin will offer the option of a factory fitted ‘Sports Pack’ specification for the DB9 Coupe, combining revised suspension characteristics with a new alloy wheel design to give subtly different driving dynamics.

The new five-spoke forged aluminium alloy wheels are lighter than the standard wheels, the springs and front anti-roll bar are modified and the ride height lowered.

Taking the DB9’s VH architecture as its foundation and retuning some of its key components, the DB9 Sports Pack offers an even more focussed driving experience, with improvements to both high-speed body control and steering response. That means a DB9 Coupe specifically for the enthusiastic driver with a high level of driving skill, who likes to drive quickly, safely and with precision.

The first key to the sharper dynamic balance is a significant reduction in ‘unsprung’ mass which indirectly allows the suspension to react more quickly to inputs such as bumps and cornering forces - resulting in improved grip, steering response, body control and ride quality.

With the DB9 Sports Pack, each five-spoke light alloy wheel gives an unsprung weight saving of more than 1kg, with a small but significant additional saving from the use of titanium wheel nuts. In total, that equates to more than five per cent reduction in unsprung weight on each corner of the car. The new, lighter 19-inch wheels are the same size as the standard wheel and use the same Bridgestone tyre.

The DB9 Sports Pack’s spring rates are increased by 68 per cent at the front of the car and 64 per cent at the rear. The front anti-roll bar is modified, and the dampers are revised to support the new spring and anti-roll bar characteristics. Together, the changes optimise body control and front-end grip without compromising ride quality or adding weight. The ride height is reduced by 6mm, lowering the car’s centre of gravity and further reducing body roll while leaving ample ground clearance and backed up by modified bump stops.

The composite undertray is also replaced, by a load-bearing aluminium panel that performs the same function in managing underbody airflow while adding further structural stiffness, to resist larger lateral loads fed into the front of the car by the uprated front springs and anti-roll bar.

The cumulative effect is significantly improved dynamic response, and especially steering feel - making the DB9 feel lighter, more positive on turn-in, more agile and more involving for the enthusiastic driver. Body control is especially enhanced during high speed manoeuvres, giving the DB9 a more neutral handling feel.

Aston Martin Sales & Marketing Director, Bill Donnelly, says: “This optional Sports Pack will offer driving enthusiasts the opportunity to tailor their DB9 Coupe to deliver an even more rewarding dynamic experience. The Sports Pack offers another addition to the Aston Martin range and provides customers with an even greater choice and the ability to further personalise their DB9.”

the most beautiful car in the world just got even better.

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    If i look at the car, I can see it beautiful..but i don't feel the beauty. There's just something missing i can't really put my finger on..
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Okay it's official...every manufacturer has a twin five spoke rim now.

They use to be cool when it was the occasional AVS 5 seen on a car...now it's just a common wheel. Aston's version isn't all that hot IMO.

Wow, it does look great! The DB9 and the Vantage share the same general shape but the Vantage I think looks more taught and aggressive. Very nice!

In that picture the wheels look too bright compared to the car, taking the focus away from the car. Thats why the picture doesn't look so beautiful as such. Darken the wheels and you have sex on (darker) wheels

This probably renders the Vanquish completely pointless.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I wonder how many Vanquish's they sold since they brought out the DB9, Im guessing not many, and those that were sold probably were the Vanquish S....
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    The Vanquish production stops mid 2007, almost all build slots left have deposits on them. The Vanquish S still has 60bhp more and a greater potential for tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by RazzaBlade
    I wonder how many Vanquish's they sold since they brought out the DB9, Im guessing not many, and those that were sold probably were the Vanquish S....
    500/year - as many as they can produce. The S was a replacement model for the Vanquish, but you could order the better parts left off.

This is a preperation car for the DBS which will be the Vanquish S replacemant.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

They may look like M6 Wheels that have been painted silver, but MY GOD do they suit that beast.

I'm in love.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

It looks amazing.

Thread Information