Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    The Super 12 is a Rugby League with 12 teams from South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. They have names like the Highlanders, Sharks, Waratahs, Crusaders, Chiefs, Bulls, etc. They all sound like very cool names
    the NHL have good names too, such as Lightning, Sharks, Flames, Avalanche, Panthers, Predators, Hurricanes, Canadiens, Whalers, Jets, Oilers, and there's a lot more.
    plus, the names that you made fun of like the Vancouver Canucks, and the Toronto Maple Leafs are no different than Highlanders or Waratahs. the Canadian Maple leaf on the Canadian Flag, and 'canuck' is slang for a Canadian.
    by the way, what is a Waratah?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

BTW the Whalers no longer exist, (how the heck did Hartford, Connecticut end up with a pro sports team in the first place?) That franchise is now the Carolina Hurricanes, based right here in Raleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    BTW the Whalers no longer exist, (how the heck did Hartford, Connecticut end up with a pro sports team in the first place?) That franchise is now the Carolina Hurricanes, based right here in Raleigh.
    yes i know that, but didn't you notice the Jets also? they are in phoenix now, the Cayotes are also a cool name too

heh missed that....got to admit Jets was a much cooler name than Whalers.

My vote goes to the Colorado Avalanche...

Anyone but the Flyers...

*sigh* Pens all the way in '07!
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

id like to see it become an all canadian stanley cup, because it could
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

West
    Detroit will beat Nashville
    San Jose to beat St Lois
    Vancouver to beat Calgary
    Colorado to beat Dallas

East
    Tampa should beat the Islanders
    Boston to beat Montreal
    Philadelphia will probably edge out the Devils
    Toronto vs Ottowa is the only one I can't take a good educated guess at, but probably Toronto.

I haven't seen many of these teams playing so I don't want to stick my neck out and predict who will get the Cup this year yet.

Being from England, most of these predictions are objective.
    It also means I only get to see Hockey twice a week (no satellite), and will be missing six weeks of the play offs as I don't have a TV at uni.

I should be back for the finals though.

I would like to point out that there is great irony in the fact that the National Hockey League is probably the most international of all of Americas "World" championships, "World series" etc, due to the large number of Eastern Europeans, Russians, and Scandanavians playing.
    Thanks for all the fish

i cant beleive the Halifax Mooseheads missed the playoffs again !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

the playoff hazing has started in my school today i yelled "FLAMES RULE" to two van fans, and my friend took my other friends Canucks hat and said that he will get it back when the Canucks lose

so did anyone enjoy that flames and canucks game yesterday? wow! down 4 goals and was able to tie it, too bad the flames lost in the end!! i think that the sharks are going to do some god stuff this year.

Hello hockey fans! the second round is all booked and it's going to be quite a stay:
    Leafs Vs Flyers- good match, i hate both of them so hopefully lots of them will get injured when the bolts or the habs will play either of them but all in all, a couple of skilled teams and it will be a robust matchup.

Canadiens VS Lightning-i think this will be an extraordinary series, the lightning have great speed and skill, but the Canadiens have that drive and great goaltending, it'll be exciting!

Flames VS Red Wings- also shall be a huge series, a very hard-working team matched up against the skill and experiance of the Wings will make for a super series.

Sharks VS Avalanche: the Avs have been a super team, winning the silver cup just two years after they came from Québec city, but he Sharks are hot this year and i think they will be a hard match for the players like Forsberg and Sakic, good hockey!!!

Flames vs. Red Wings will be a great series, and now as it stands Flames have a 1-0 lead in the series.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Thread Information