Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revised forums

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    i personally think the amount of points everyone has should be shown, rather than a coloured dot. they both show who you should listen to and who you shouldnt, but showing the amount of points everyone have would put it on a bit more of a scale
    I prefer personal judgement over a generalised scaling system to decide to whom I should listen or not. As a sideline to this I would prefer if the moderators could be more involved in dealing with the comments to the cars on the main site. If have a feeling that there currently is a sort of erratic and ad-hoc admission regime, which make comments disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    I totally don't understand the ratings system. So far, I've been under the impression that you give points that are proportional to how many you have.

Does this mean that a new user with 0 points could be at 100 if a user with 100 clicked "I approve"?

What if someone with -4 points said "I approve"? Would the user they rated drop 4 points?

I think that every approval/non-approval should be worth 1 or -1, regardless of user or post count. That way, good and bad members will sort themselves out accordingly, determined only by the repeated quality shown in their posts, and the general forum view of that particular user.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this...
    To rate you need at least a rating of 1. The amount of points you can give or take away depends both on your post number and reputation number (right now one point for 100 of both).

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog

I think that every approval/non-approval should be worth 1 or -1, regardless of user or post count. That way, good and bad members will sort themselves out accordingly, determined only by the repeated quality shown in their posts, and the general forum view of that particular user.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this...
    I'm with you here, approval/disapproval should be worth only 1/-1 point, I'm not going to go out of my way to seek approval of FPV_GTHO or Falcon500 -(no offense guys) - just because they can affect my reputation rating to such a great extent.

lol, just remember its the quality of the posts that the reputation is supposed to reflect
    I am the Stig

I have decided to give up posting on this issue. I am afraid it will going to cost me my reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    lol, just remember its the quality of the posts that the reputation is supposed to reflect
    Yes, but the reputation is a direct reflection on the poster. At this moment my reputation rating is a 23 -
    (a bit low for a helluva nice guy like me ... ) -
    but if you didn't like a post I make, you could knock that back to a 3 .... I'm not worried about my reputation rating so much as the amount of influence single users have on other users.

hey Henk, wait for me. im coming with u !
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Thread Information