Thread: Montezemolo's Political Ambitions

Montezemolo's Political Ambitions

Fiat chief Luca Cordero di Montezemolo unveiled his Italia Futura association on Wednesday, saying he hoped it would help ''open a window'' on ways of promoting Italy's future.

''Very simply, Italia Futura is exactly what it says. It's an area for the exchange of ideas and proposals, with a single and unique mission: to promote the many able minds who abound in our country and involve them in drawing up a project on Italy's future''.
    Italia Futura is the name of the Think Tank that Montezemolo has created. This might no be a direct move towards politics, but with this move he can sure influence decisions

MONTEZEMOLO UNVEILS HIS ITALIA FUTURA ASSOCIATION | Italy
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

SpeedTVs F1 commentators made mention a few weeks ago that he has hinted at a run for Italian PM. Wouldn't surprise me at all actually.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I read of this on the newspaper the other day. He said that it'd be stupid to form a new political party in the already quite fragmented italian politics world. On the other hand the established parties have all their own problems. Berlusconi is getting prosecuted after the law that gave him imunity was repealed. And the lfet wing parties have their own problems as well with lack of leadership.

Altough I'm sure Damiano can give us a much better insight than us.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Here I am.
    I don't know much about Montezemolo's new project, didn't watch the news these past days.
    Still I can confirm Alberts worlds.
    The right wing party isn't a a party, just a bunch of men following Berlusconi for personal interest. He is indeed in politics just to defend himself from prosecution trying to demonstrate, albeit it's frankly evident, all his rather illegal movements prior to 1994, the year he entered politics.
    On the other hand, at left, we don't have much to talk about. Every now and then I think they are as payed as all the other right wing men just to stfu and stay there so that now one can say this is actually a sort of "dictatorship".
    Especially the last few years, the left governments didn't o much in the time they were on, while they keep complaining when Berlusconi is on, so you wonder why they didn't act when it was their turn.

So yes, the present political situation is very bad, the whole right party should be trashed and the left party should either form a single or at least a few main parties or trashed all together as well.
    In this optic, if somehow like Montezuma (as we call him here) can create a new party, no matter the position, it would be a great thing, if only it wouldn't become just another alley of Berlusconi or a minor left wing party.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Well I just hope this means they go back to having no speed limits on the autostrada.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

I think that Montezemolo is way smarter than that. He just wants to affect the political scene with his political power, in order to get the decisions he wants.

He has a VERY successful career in business and I don't think that he will leave his post in FIAT.

Nevertheless, in light of the recent facts concerning Berlusconi and his upcoming trials concerning LOTS of accusations, this political move can be seen in another light.

Let me clear out that all this is not backed up with any data, it is just speculation.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Montezemolo is a son of a General of WWII, so he didn't came out of the blue. He proved to be an excellent manager, still there weren't many Italian guys going to get a master in the States back in the days, you know.
    Regardless, his career is spotless, while Berlusconi (son of a rich and powerful businessman but without an heritage (he misses that a lot)) has had judges and advocates trying to bust him since the beginning of his career, and not because of a persecution, but because since the beginning he was behind not very clear situations and movements. He was also very close to another politician, Craxi, which later had to escape in Tunisia when judges discovered he distracted billions from the res publica to his own advantage.

Montezuma seems to be Superman, everything je touched until now has worked greatly.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information