Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2007: ING Australian Grand Prix, Albert Park

F1 2007: ING Australian Grand Prix, Albert Park

For those unaware of the changes this season, a quick rundown can be found here: http://www.formula1.com/news/5738.html

The schedule is also as follows:
    All times are local (Melbourne is GMT +11)

Thursday 15 March

15h00: FIA press conference

Friday 16 March

10h00 - 11h30: First free practice

14h00 - 15h30: Second free practice

16h00: FIA press conference

Saturday 17 March

11h00 - 12h00: Third free practice

14h00 - 15h00: Qualifying

15h00: FIA post qualifying press conference

Sunday 18 March

14h00 - 16h00: Australian GP

16h00: FIA post race press conference
    No times will be set around Albert Park for a few days yet, but Ferrari are perhaps looking the strongest after pre-season testing, followed by McLaren. The FIA has also announced the tyre compounds to be used over the course of the weekend will be the soft and medium spec tyres. The slippery nature of the circuit is likely to see teams remain on the soft tyres for as long as feasible during the race.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am the Stig

Not sure if I am going to set my clock for this one (the race will be held at 04.00 our time), especially since that afternoon PSV - AJAX will be played and I'm going to need a lot of energy for that...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Thats understandable for most Europeans. Do you guys get any replay of sorts? I know locally, the TV deal with Bernie is that the race can only be broadcast once or something.
    I am the Stig

Well, as far as I know, they are replaying the whole race at 14.00, but that's during the football game. So I probably end up watching the race live together with my brother and my girlfriends dad...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

ITV will repeat the whole programme as if "live" when teh original race is at an ungodly hour.
    In addition their is always a one hour highlights show in teh evening and repeated on Monday.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

So, who's everyone's money on to take the first race of the season?

I'll stick my neck out and say Jenson Button.

Kimi Raikonnen FTW! Should be a great opener in sunny Australia (as it usually is) any Australians gonna catch the race in person?

5 AM in here, not a big deal to wake up. The Ferraris are a safe bet, if I had to guess the winner it would be Räikkönen.

I'd like to say Raikkonen, but I fear it may take him a couple of races to get up to speed, so I'm going to say Alonso or Massa, with Raikonnen on the other step.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

For UK viewers qualifying is on ITV at 15:30 on Saturday, the race at 16:10 Sunday.

Testing of the "mute" button may be a good idea, as James Allen is bound to spray us all with his tedious crop of mixed metaphors, annoying analogies and flawed facts.

As for a winner, never write off the sturdy resilience of Ukyo Katayama!
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 03-12-2007 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    For UK viewers qualifying is on ITV at 15:30 on Saturday, the race at 16:10 Sunday.
    except you missed the "Live" session as pointed out in post#5.
    Full timetable is Live qualifying Saturday 17 March 0220-0420 ITV1
    Qualifying re-run Saturday 17 March 1530-1700 ITV1
    Live race Sunday 18 March 0200-0505 ITV1
    Race re-run Sunday 18 March 1610-1830 ITV1
    Highlights Sunday 18 March 2315-0015 ITV1
    Highlights re-run Monday 19 March 1800-1900 ITV4

As for a winner, never write off the sturdy resilience of Ukyo Katayama!
    Symonds is making loud pronouncments that Renault aren't ready, third to Ferrar and BMW etc etc.
    I call that as bluff .... Kovalainen
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    except you missed the "Live" session as pointed out in post#5.

The OP has already given the times for the "Live" sessions.

I say Raikkonen or Massa.
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

I'm really excited about this race. What I am more excited for though, and what I always want in F1, is for it to be an exciting close race all the way to the last race, last lap if possible. I have to say though, I really want Kimi to get his first WDC. I think he is the fastest of them all and he was robbed with unreliabilty in 2005, and lsot by a hair in 2003. As I have said before, the gods of F1 owe him.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post

Symonds is making loud pronouncments that Renault aren't ready, third to Ferrar and BMW etc etc.
    I call that as bluff .... Kovalainen
    I think it was Autosport where i read it (i've since been unable to locate the article, perhaps theyve moved it to the Journal section or something) where they ran down where each of the teams were in testing, and in their opinion the Renault chassis was producing the most downforce. Where their relative performance in testing was though, you'd have to assume theyre struggling with the tyres. Whilst theyve also been seemingly concentrating on reliability testing (or at least claiming to), no doubt they'll have somewhat of a surprise in Melbourne, but if Autosport are right, it could take until the European season until theyre consistently challenging. Albert Park will likely show up all the teams struggling with tyres, as they probably wont be able to generate heat in them quickly enough, whilst in Malaysia and Bahrain it wont be such a problem.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information