Thread: differences between a DS and a DS lite?

differences between a DS and a DS lite?

What is the difference between a DS and a DS light other than size of course? are the screens the same size? what other differences are there? is it worth it paying extra for a lite vs just the normal DS?

also, as you can tell, im thinking about getting a used DS or ds lite, does anyone have one? do you reccommend it? i dont do a whole lot of handheld gaming, but if a game is good i would play it on the DS and whenever i travel.

also what games are good on it
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

The idea of a handheld/portable gaming device like the DS or PSP sounds great in theory, but when I bought a PSP I used it for a couple of weeks during the summer vacation period and never touched it again. Food for thought.

I am not 100% sure of all the differences but i do know that the Lite screen is significantly brighter and works better in different lighting conditions. Also, having held both consoles, the Lite feels a million miles ahead in terms of design and build. The normal DS feels cheap and badly thought out, the DS lite looks brilliant and feels quality in your hands.
    As for games, i don't actually own one so i can't comment so much on that. My little sister has one and she has quite a few games but i can spend quite a few hours on brain training or Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games.
    I also agree with Rock about it being a bit of a novelty at first and you could lose interest in it after a while but my little sister has had hers for well over a year now and she loves it, still!
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Yeah thats what im kinda worried about is loosing interest in it. thats why i wanna get a used one so if i do loose interest at least i didn't waste too much money on it.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

My girlfriend has one that I play regularly (mostly in the liitle boys room admitadley) and its brilliant fun. I'd recommend one to anyone.

Visual Differences:

Last edited by Dantera22B; 05-09-2008 at 11:22 AM.
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

The DS is a pretty big machine, if you put the two next to each other.

Oh, and if you have massive hands, the stylus is not going to be too comfortable for you to play for a long time.

I don't have one, but I plan to get one later on. However, I have played Brain Age once or twice. It's pretty cool. I still have the original Gameboy and the Gameboy Color. I still play on them every once in a while.

Main difference is size, pen size being bigger and much better screen brightness and battery life is longer.

Games wise i would recommend:
    -both castlevania's
    -phoneix wright series
    -animal crossing (if your into that kind of thing)
    -mariokart
    -newsupermariobros
    -picross ds
    -geometrywars:galaxy's
    -zelda: phg
    -contra4
    -metroidds
    -trauma centre

edit: I hear ninja gaiden is pretty good but haven't tried it yet and there are plenty of puzzle games that i haven't mentioned
    Last edited by syko; 05-09-2008 at 03:55 PM.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

The lite is smaller, lighter, has much better buttons, much better screens, is likely to be in better working order due to being newer, and is just better.

well i got a DS and im definately liking it. i really like advance wars days of ruin, pretty sweet.

the DS lite was better known as the ID
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the DS lite was better known as the ID
    Later called the D Super...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information