Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chrysler firepower

chrysler firepower

what are the chances that this car will go into production?...it looks pretty good; road and track magazine described it as a sophisticated version of the viper

Last edited by <AAA-MOD>; 03-08-2005 at 09:42 PM.

The Firepower is more like an "American Mercedes", Id say. It is much more balls to the wall then Mercedes, yet nothing like a Viper. No such thing as a "sophisticated Viper".

" 'The Firepower concept embodies the Chrysler brand philosophy,' said Creed. 'It provides luxury, refinement and sophistication blended elegantly with passion and performance.' " = Exact opposite of a Viper. Also, where is the quarter mile time? That was one of the main goals of the Viper (to beat 13 seconds). Also.....an automatic? That is quite against the Viper's attitude.
    No baby-Viper.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

yeah, no mention of the chassis other than there is one.
    So I would fear this is another re-hash of an old gen chassis with different clothing
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

As long as this thing does not grow up becoming the new Viper/Shelby Cobra, I don't mind too much. But if it does, Carroll will be ashamed to see that, not too mention many many more.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    As long as this thing does not grow up becoming the new Viper/Shelby Cobra, I don't mind too much. But if it does, Carroll will be ashamed to see that, not too mention many many more.
    having seen some of the monstrosities and travesties Carroll has put his name to in recent years I don't think he'd care anymore
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The new Shelby Cobra concept? How the HELL he approved of that, I have no idea, but the GT500E idea was awesome, and the Shelby GR-1 is awesome. But yes, generally his work after the Viper really started to dull. So many other great cars he is attached to however.

i had the same question about the chrysler ME four twelve going into production...anyone know how likely that is?

Not at all. At least not for several years. production costs.

Actually I like the Shelby Cobra concept. Plus you can't fault its engine and chassis. I think that the GR-1 looks kind of weird, but looks are a matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    Actually I like the Shelby Cobra concept. Plus you can't fault its engine and chassis. I think that the GR-1 looks kind of weird, but looks are a matter of opinion.
    Very true. Unless someone makes a car that is just impossible to not like, but thats a very small chance sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by thinker
    road and track magazine described it as a sophisticated version of the viper
    Yes road and Track called it "The snake in the tuxedo"

I hope it comes out, in the magazine it seemed very detialed so that raises the chances of it comeing out. It could sorta be kinda like Crysler's exotic car.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

are the square holes at the back the exhaust pipes? i think if there were four exhaust pipes in place of those squares it would look awesome

10 minutes from Lingenfelter's... aren't you jealous?
    I really hope they make it, and yes Shelby is on a downward spiral, the Series 1 is just awful. not that bad looking, but it only a 4.0 (not the big engine a cobra should have) and its only 300 horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen
    I really hope they make it, and yes Shelby is on a downward spiral, the Series 1 is just awful. not that bad looking, but it only a 4.0 (not the big engine a cobra should have) and its only 300 horse.
    It's very light and the performance on that thing is phenomenal. So, I don't think the specific numbers really mean much.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Thread Information