View Poll Results: Which of these cars has good performance and good value for money?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mazda Familia 2 Door Hatch

0 0%
  • Nissan Pulsar 2 Door Hatch

0 0%
  • Toyota Starlet 2 Door Hatch

2 28.57%
  • Honda CRX 2 Door

5 71.43%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda Familia or Nissan Pulsar or Toyota Starlet or Honda CRX

Mazda Familia or Nissan Pulsar or Toyota Starlet or Honda CRX

Greetings from the village idiot,
    Now I have a good amount of money and wanted to know if i should buy a 2 door familia hatch or a 2 door pulsar hatch or a 2 door starlet hatch or should i stick to my crx? I want a car with good performance and handling capable of taking my 'abuse' and should last me a good amount of time. So would you "Einsteins" mind helping the village idiot out?

Well, all those cars have relatively similar performance... If I were you and wanted a new car, I would save a little more and get one that's noticably better. What you're considering is like selling a Cavalier to buy a Sunfire

How about a MK1 Toyota MR2? Or a Pontiac Fiero?

jus tell me if u had 2 pick any1 one of those regardless of price which 1 would u pick? and it shud b judged mostly on performance

I doubt if any of theses have anything that even resemble performance. From what I can see they are all poxy little front wheel drive girls cars. The CRX is somewhat out of place however. All the same if your mum wants a new car I think the Pulsar would be her best bet.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by crisis
    I doubt if any of theses have anything that even resemble performance. From what I can see they are all poxy little front wheel drive girls cars. The CRX is somewhat out of place however. All the same if your mum wants a new car I think the Pulsar would be her best bet.
    nah its ok my mums happy with her corolla. BUT JUST TELL ME WHICH CAR OUT OF THE LIST PERFORMS BEST? or would a 3000GT **** em all up?

lol you think any of these cars could even hold a candle to a 3000GT/GTO? lmao.... as said b4 they all have abou the same performance, if your looking for a car with performance these arnt them
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

they are all shit cars , my mate def a 3000 in a stock standard vr comm v6 to 130 k's

Well your mate is clearly full of it. A stock bombadore (3.8) has anywhere between 130 and 152 kw, compared to the 3000 with about 220 kw. The 3000 GT has run official times of 5.17 (0-100) and 1/4 miles of about 13.4.

The commodores run about 16.5

As for your list you poor boy, no they are not all crap, despite what the anti rice brigade will tell you. They can all be fun. But when it comes to performance I will give you a run down.

I am assuming that you are refering to the performance variants of each car.

1. Pulsar. Not a good perfomance choice. The best one is a SSS 5 door, which are practical and quick, but not really fast.

2. CRX nice and different, but performance is very much geared to top end power so you have to rev the nuts off it to get it to really move.

3. Familia (GTX turbo) 4wd. Decent acceleration (better than pulsar and CRX), but handling is not too good. Can be modified easily to produce far more power. Looks alright too.

4. Starlet turbo (Glanza V model-'94 on) the best all round performer here. Quick, good handling, easy to mod, decent interior. Smallest though, so tall people or passengers are not a great idea.

None of these are anywhere near as fast as a 3000 GT, but they are also far cheaper, much more practical and when the turbo cars are modded can produce equal or greater thrills.

Oh, and all of them will flog a standard VR Commodore in a straight line when well driven.

thanx...i have more dan enuf 2 buy a 3000 GT but not that much to afford a good Skyline GT-R. I think i'll buy a 3000GT becoz eventhough it'll cost me more its performance is better. oh yeah how about any GTS vs 3000GT? im so curious coz a dude decided to challenge the village idiot to a race with his 2 door familia and i decided it was time to sell ma CRX and buy sumthin better. he told me that it will be in sum really deserted road sumwhere in up north. oh yeah tell me some good parts too that'll help me improve the performance of my 'future' 3000GT.

You have "more than enough money to buy a Mitsubishi 3000GT" and you still compare what you want to a Nissan Familia people mover? Weird.

3000 gt

are you referring to the turbo or naturally aspirated ? im reffering to the naturally aspirated no shit i was in the car.

notice he compares a 3000GT's performance to the cars he mentioned and after we said they were slower he says "I think i'll buy a 3000GT becoz eventhough it'll cost me more its performance is better". quite the interesting... lol
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

i meant a turbo 3000GT. so u say starlets the best all rounder... hmmmm but y do so many jackasses ova here buy familia n pulsar n primera gt? well a 3000GT is good but not as good as "R34"

where?

i dont know where you are from but i have only heard of the pulsar but for the money you are considering spending a r32 or 33 or maybe a supra would be the way to go

Thread Information