• GF PCX5900

3 16.67%
  • Radeon 9600 XT

11 61.11%
  • Radeon X600 XT

1 5.56%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEED HELP from computer experts... about GPU

Second time i'm going to say this! hehe Don´t buy cheap crap! Don´t buy a board made by a nameless company that costs 100 dollars just because it as the same graphics chip you saw in a 500 dollar board. the decrease in performance and compatability is enourmous!

I´ve never had problems with games or 3d programs, then again i allways buy Creative boards, some friends buy ASUS and other ones other brands, but never buy cheap boards moded or made by companys you never heard of.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

My MoBo only cost me $100
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    I've also heard that it has had problems with certain games like it wont work well with Battlefield Vietnam and other games like that, but to answer your question if you can fix it, its no, thats why many computer people like nvidia better.
    You sure about that?? When you're speaking about bang for your buck, ATI absolutely kills nvidia in that category. everything from like 60=>250ish American dollars is dominated by ATI.. better graphics, performance, cost, etc. However, there is a but. When speaking of uber cards like the Fire GL's and such or the top end Nvidia's, Nvidia wins because they use Pixel3 technology or something, can't remember the damn name. BTW, most gamers prefer ATI, unless you're speaking of pros that use the top end uber cards. (Tell your nvidia fanboy friends to give a 9800pro a try)
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    You sure about that?? When you're speaking about bang for your buck, ATI absolutely kills nvidia in that category. everything from like 60=>250ish American dollars is dominated by ATI.. better graphics, performance, cost, etc. However, there is a but. When speaking of uber cards like the Fire GL's and such or the top end Nvidia's, Nvidia wins because they use Pixel3 technology or something, can't remember the damn name. BTW, most gamers prefer ATI, unless you're speaking of pros that use the top end uber cards. (Tell your nvidia fanboy friends to give a 9800pro a try)
    i dont think Nvidia is much more expensive than ATI, but ok... think what you want. the graphics on the nvidia cards are better but ok. and people who know more about video cards and such will tell you to go the nvidia route if your mainly using it for games but ok...

but which ever video card you get, you'll be happy with but if you like to play Battlefield Vietnam or Unreal Tournament 2004, and you decide to get the ATI, your goin to have a lil trouble playing them games and stuff
    Last edited by shr0olvl; 01-06-2005 at 02:27 PM.

Thread Information