Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cisitalia 202, Fiat 8V ist series, Fiat 1100 S MM, 1100 ES wanted

The Fiat 1100 S MM - Sport 8V offered by AutoClassic may have been a styling test, or a '47 1100S with coachwork mods; not an uncommon thing for carrozzeria post WWII. Aside from the front, the rear window is enlarged, but otherwise the lines appear to be the same. Funny, there's one for sale on eBay which prompted a Google search, and up popped the UCP discussion.

Though they were series built and fairly rare, standard 1100S's seem to sell in the $40-60,000 range. The eBay car is a project, bidding to $23K as of today. Looks like a 2/3rds scale BMW 328 MM Touring Berlinetta. Intriguing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

The mystery 1100, with the 8V like body will be auctioned by RM on May 1st in Monte Carlo. Yours truly will attend and bring some shots and details.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

FIVA is not FIA... Anyway this Fiat 1100 S with Sport 8V body has also been homologued by ASI the most important Italian classic cars institution with the gold plate 30 years ago. I have seen the ASI papers of this Fiat 1100 S and there is stated the car has original Sport 8V steel body.
    Last edited by simongilles; 04-10-2010 at 03:59 AM.

Fiat 1110S MM Sport 8V body

Quote Originally Posted by pheyden1448 View Post
    Can anyone give me any information about this car?

Autoclassic

It is reputed to be from the Rhigini collection. Again, the owner says that it was the "prototype" for the 8V.

It definitely looks like it has 1100 drive train components, but I wonder whether this is one of those one-off bodies that appears from time to time that is simply to identifiable? It has FIVA papers, but I do not put a lot of faith in those, as I have seen them issued to other obviously incorrect cars.

Any opinions as to what it is?
    FIVA is not FIA... Anyway this Fiat 1100 S with Sport 8V body has also been homologued by ASI the most important Italian classic cars institution with the gold plate 30 years ago. I have seen the ASI papers of this Fiat 1100 S and there is stated the car has original Sport 8V steel body.
    Last edited by simongilles; 04-10-2010 at 04:00 AM.

Website shows it sold for 106,400 Euros, yes?
    steven

Quote Originally Posted by fnqvmuch View Post
    Website shows it sold for 106,400 Euros, yes?
    steven
    Correct

RM AUCTIONS
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information