3 16.67%
  • Radeon 9600 XT

11 61.11%
  • Radeon X600 XT

1 5.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP from computer experts... about GPU

NEED HELP from computer experts... about GPU

Which one around these GPU cards has better performance and value, and why do you choose it. i'm looking for a new set of PC and i've hard time choosing these things... any suggestion would help. thx.

- nVidia GeForce FX 5900XT 128MB
    - nVidia GeForce PCX 5900 128MB
    - ATI Radeon 9600 XT 128MB
    - ATI Radeon X600 XT 128MB
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

i hear good things bout the radeon 9600, idk much bout it tho. spent all my money on my sound card and have none to buy a new graphics card. so sad.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

If you can, go for the ATI 9600 Pro, best card for the money.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I have a 9600XT 128MB.

Does everything required of it so far...
    Thanks for all the fish

the 9600 and FX5900 still using AGP8x interface. i'm thingking about X600XT and PCX5900 which has already use PCIe. it's supposed to have higher performance bcause it has twice higher bandwidth. but from what i read in here: http://www.gamepc.com/labs/print_content.asp?id=mrpcie the FX5900 often has higher score. so what PCIe really use for???

If u can u should research doing a soft mod on a 9800 se. I got mine so it runs as a 9800 pro, it only works on a few cards though(~66%) its a really good deal if it works. If you dont want to take the chance I'd say go for the 9600XT.Oh and Newegg is a great place to buy computer parts from,I got all mine from them and didnt have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tmntmail_ppn
    the 9600 and FX5900 still using AGP8x interface. i'm thingking about X600XT and PCX5900 which has already use PCIe. it's supposed to have higher performance bcause it has twice higher bandwidth. but from what i read in here: http://www.gamepc.com/labs/print_content.asp?id=mrpcie the FX5900 often has higher score. so what PCIe really use for???
    PCIe is still completly useless since the current crop of videocards can't even saturate an AGPx8, by far.

Im using a 256mb 9800 pro .. works a treat .. the whole 9800 series pretty much whips the geforces.

Quote Originally Posted by tmntmail_ppn
    You wont really see a difference between PCI express and AGP 8x for a while so i dont really think it matters unless your gona keep the card for a long time b/c future games will take advantage of it.

well i just think that, if i use PCIe, bcause PCIe will become future technology, someday i maybe able to upgrade with something better without changing the mainboard. anyway, i hear that nvidia is great on openGL but has poor performance on direct3D. is it true?

My advice would be a Creative board, with a Ge force chip in it, 5 series, i'm saving my money and waiting for a possible Creative GeForce 6800.

Make sure you buy a good brand board, non of that OEM crap, buy ASUS, Creative, Ati, something that inspires confidence in the brand, don´t be fooled by cheap boards that have the same Graphics chip that you saw in some other board by one of these constructors, buy something with brand, the performance of a OEM board can be lesse than half a good brand board. It´s money well spent.

i currently have a Creative Geforce 4200TI and i'm playing Half Life 2, 1024x768 with details at maximum level.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

thx for the tip. i'll think about it.

GeForce is better than ATI as far as graphics go, and i believe it's even cheaper than ATI. I know this from experience from playing on computers with ATI or GeForce and know many other people who have tryed both types of video cards that know GeForce is better.

If you wanna buy you computer parts for real cheap, goto www.pricewatch.com

They probably can beat any price on computer components and are very reliable. Check em out.

But id go with the GeForce 6600 GT 128MB if I were you

and how much money are you able to spend or willing to spend on a video card ? im guessing around $200 ?

ok now if u want advise, take it from me ive had years of experience deciding these things If you're going to go with a certain company, its ATI Radeon, theyr ahead of Nvidia in technological terms and are also better value for Money. Here's a good example, I own an Ati Radeon 9600 xt and its great, you couldnt wish for more around that price range, which is one of the best things...its cheap! You cant go wrong, take the 9600 xt. Anything else i could add is that i chose the 256mb version by Sapphire (an ati modding company). Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CoTTerik
    ok now if u want advise, take it from me ive had years of experience deciding these things
    same here, but i perfer Nvidia...

Thread Information