Page 405 of 536 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    Is E85 readily available down there? Its supply is kinda spotty up here.
    yeah we buy a 44gal drum for race weekends and split it between us, we get it from Scotcher Fuels, its a better blend of 98 and ethanol, the stuff from the servos is 91 + ethanol and not as consistent. Most race meets have e85 now also
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    any body tried reverse lens technique? its sounds interesting.
    I've used it with my 50mm f1.4, and stacked with my lens and a 50mm f1.8, which together make a super macro effect.
    Works reasonably well, settings are full manual and shutter dependent because there's no connection with the lens.
    I've used it mostly for close-ups of eyes, can work quite well, but both you and subject need to be very still.

Attached sample is with double reverse lens stacking. Forgot who's eye actually...
    The vignette comes from the stacking process, and is controllable depending on how you hold the lenses.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    I've used it with my 50mm f1.4, and stacked with my lens and a 50mm f1.8, which together make a super macro effect.
    Works reasonably well, settings are full manual and shutter dependent because there's no connection with the lens.
    I've used it mostly for close-ups of eyes, can work quite well, but both you and subject need to be very still.

Attached sample is with double reverse lens stacking. Forgot who's eye actually...
    The vignette comes from the stacking process, and is controllable depending on how you hold the lenses.
    That's cool! Its seems kinda hard to do it. I'll dig further about this reversing thing when I got a clear mind.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Just got a set of second hand Yokohama a048r in 205/60/13 for $240 for 4 for my bus, they are a bit wider than the 185/60/13 on there at the moment but should fit okay, I may need to pump the rear guards a bit to accommodate the 205s.
    They have only done 1 race meet on a Aussie Race car that weighs 450kg, they are hardly worn and still black not blue so they should be good

i'm curious to try those out. just forked out the dough for bridgestone RE55S'
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Nice!
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i'm curious to try those out. just forked out the dough for bridgestone RE55S'
    What size do you run Clutch, try and get a hook up with rich racers, I get mine now from Aussie race car guys they only use green rubber for each race makes my 6 race meets from the last set look sad. Nephew is trying to hook up some deals next week at winton with the 944 racers, they change their tyres every race meet, so they are in good nick.

The RE55 are a better tyre than the Yokies make sure they aren't the soft compound they wear out very quickly but give great grip. Toyo are meant to be good and wear well and still stay fairly grippy. The Advans are only good for a race meet and start going off pretty quickly, they don't wear much but go blue and hard

i heard toyo R888's, are a bitch to get heat into.
    17R 215 and 255, not sure on profile
    there was a place doing really good deals (like $170 a tire), was thinking about just bulk buying lol
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

yeah if your doing sprints softer is better, but if you start with higher pressures by 2psi they will come up on the first lap,

Ive looked at bulk buying from the states but our scruitineers check the tyres to make sure they have been bought at the correct motorsport dealer due to thecontract IP have with Yokohama

Dell studio 15 for the sister and her college needs. All prepped up with enough power to deal with editing software and the odd game or two.

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    What size do you run Clutch, try and get a hook up with rich racers, I get mine now from Aussie race car guys they only use green rubber for each race makes my 6 race meets from the last set look sad. Nephew is trying to hook up some deals next week at winton with the 944 racers, they change their tyres every race meet, so they are in good nick.

The RE55 are a better tyre than the Yokies make sure they aren't the soft compound they wear out very quickly but give great grip. Toyo are meant to be good and wear well and still stay fairly grippy. The Advans are only good for a race meet and start going off pretty quickly, they don't wear much but go blue and hard
    Green rubber...?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Green rubber...?
    stickers, fresh tires, unused tires....
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Or lime-flavoured condoms.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Tomahawk coloured tyres
    SOmebody must be doing it for cars by now

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Tomahawk coloured tyres
    SOmebody must be doing it for cars by now
    i think Falken makes drift tires that put out colored smoke, and they have a tint to them. but they aren't exactly good for grip.

Edit: its kumho http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....+Colored+Smoke
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information