Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Endangered car list

Actually the XJ220 was built in much greater numbers, and its arrival coincided with the collaps of the supercar market, leaving Jaguar with quite a few unsold cars. Until very recently these cars could be bought with zero miles on the odometer. If such a car disappears from the population it always because of a freak accident, nobody in a right state of mind would scrap it, unless its condition has suffered from great neglect and the car can only used as a parts supplier.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Ford Mustang SVO. These were Mustangs built in the early-mid 80's with a turbo 2.3 and designed to be more "european" in their attitude. Never much loved back then because of their steep price tag, they were nonetheless for a couple of years the most powerful Mustang offered, drove quite well, and had some pretty decent potential. I'm starting to see them trickle back a little bit...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    Ford Mustang SVO. These were Mustangs built in the early-mid 80's with a turbo 2.3 and designed to be more "european" in their attitude. Never much loved back then because of their steep price tag, they were nonetheless for a couple of years the most powerful Mustang offered, drove quite well, and had some pretty decent potential. I'm starting to see them trickle back a little bit...
    Ford Taurus SHO?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Was the Fuego really some special? If it was, sorry for my ignorence. I remember I saw them for sale at dealerships back when I was in college in Kansas.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Was the Fuego really some special? If it was, sorry for my ignorence. I remember I saw them for sale at dealerships back when I was in college in Kansas.
    It was not really very special, it just qualifies for my defintion of a car that only when it has almost disappeared people started to realise that it once was there.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Actually the XJ220 was built in much greater numbers, and its arrival coincided with the collaps of the supercar market, leaving Jaguar with quite a few unsold cars. Until very recently these cars could be bought with zero miles on the odometer. If such a car disappears from the population it always because of a freak accident, nobody in a right state of mind would scrap it, unless its condition has suffered from great neglect and the car can only used as a parts supplier.
    I'm talking about the lighter and more powerful XJ220s TWS Motorsport.
    The wind that blows in the Andes.

Quote Originally Posted by distress
    That is probably a version that with the riight amount of money could easily be recreated from a standard one.

HMMM jcp is right, I haven't seen many SVO mustangs around, Taurus SHO like henk said is another and lets not forget the Thunderbird SC.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by distress
    Yeah, the one with 680 bhp. Bugatti Type 41 'Royale'. Only 6 of them made and all in different body styles so no one car is the same. There is only 1 left on the road, the rest in museums most likely. Saw one at Goodwood this year (only one left on the road) at it is massive. The engine about the length of a smart car.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    Yeah, the one with 680 bhp. Bugatti Type 41 'Royale'. Only 6 of them made and all in different body styles so no one car is the same. There is only 1 left on the road, the rest in museums most likely. Saw one at Goodwood this year (only one left on the road) at it is massive. The engine about the length of a smart car.
    Rest assured that the Bugatti's are NOT endangered. Schlumpf has three of them and made a replica of one of the bodies that was originally on one the six. (The Esders roadster). Spare egines for the Royale have been used to propel trains.

Thread Information