Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Times 50 worst cars of all time

The Times 50 worst cars of all time

SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

seems like a lot of the list is simply a criticism of the american public/culture, and the cars are merely there to justify the title of the article.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    seems like a lot of the list is simply a criticism of the american public/culture, and the cars are merely there to justify the title of the article.
    Exactly. Especially when I clicked the Airflow article and read this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Times
    The Airflow's "worst"-ness derives from its spectacularly bad timing.
    How does that make it a bad car? Complete and utter bullshit.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thats what I thought also
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

I couldnt read anymore after the Model T made #2 on their list...
    I am the Stig

I don't agree with most of their choices, but some texts are really worth the read, this one about the 1982 Camaro Iron Duke for example:

So equipped, the Iron Duke Camaro had 0-60 mph acceleration of around 20 seconds, which left Camaro owners to drum their fingers while school buses rocketed past in a blur of yellow.
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 09-09-2007 at 06:45 AM.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

yeah i detest a lot of their choices. the H2, it may not be the best vehcile but it sold like crazy making lots of money. the 7 series is a gorgeous car you just have to see it in a certain wait which some people can't

i'm wondering where the Bronco is
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

I can't agree that the 7 series is gorgeous, but i know its a great car. UCP members can make a better read and a better article than whoever came up with that list.

Multipla is a good car in everyway IMO.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Love the 7-series and it was the biggest mistake on that list by far. While the concerns he had were valid for many of cars they never truely justified making them the worst of all time. I stuck to the 1990-present side cause that's what i was alive to witness :P but the writer was too, let's save the plane. By all means feel free to take cheap shots at the excursion, even the H2 i'm not a fan of, but he blames the explorer for being successful and starting the SUV trend, that makes it a trend setter, which is far from a disaster, and as for the firestone incident, well that was the tire manufacturer that was at fault and should not be held against the explorer..
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

GM, the company that had done more to advance EV technology than any other, became the company that "killed the electric car."
    Qfmft.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Trabbi

Well, I do remeber Trabant 601 quite well. A statement, that it often lacked brake lights and turn indicators is quite a nonsense... So as it was very light it accelerated like a rocket... I did not like their gear shift lever which looked like an umbrella handle. It did smell badly, well it is usuall for two-stroke engines. The same concerned two stroke SAAB engines.
    Last edited by jaromull; 09-09-2007 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Typing errors...

Given this is from Times, I don't think the author meant "worst cars" as we car lovers do. I think the author meant "worst" from the political, environmental, and economical perspective, which then would make a lot more sense... e.g. the H2 is pretty bad politically in the way that it makes Americans feel that power is everything... and the whole SUV trend pushed all cars to go bigger and heavier, while giving lots of drivers a false sense of safety..

p.s. 7-series is a great car if its look and iDrive are not considered... but man, that car is fugly... The only way it can look not ugly is from the inside..

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock827 View Post
    Given this is from Times, I don't think the author meant "worst cars" as we car lovers do. I think the author meant "worst" from the political, environmental, and economical perspective, which then would make a lot more sense... e.g. the H2 is pretty bad politically in the way that it makes Americans feel that power is everything... and the whole SUV trend pushed all cars to go bigger and heavier, while giving lots of drivers a false sense of safety..

p.s. 7-series is a great car if its look and iDrive are not considered... but man, that car is fugly... The only way it can look not ugly is from the inside..
    What about the environmental impact of traditional big-volume engines powering the american cars ? I do not think you are right. This selection sounds as if late Saddam Husein was invited to help to select the best scottish jig dancer to me ...

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock827 View Post

Then the title is incorrect. It should be "The Times 50 most polluting, biggest flopping, most politically incorrect cars".
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I <3 the list.

Thread Information