Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybach is dying out?

Maybach is dying out?

Recently Dieter Zetsche mentioned the fact that there are no plans concerning a new generation of Maybach cars.
    During a last year Maybach closed 29 of 71 dealerships in USA. Reason - the cars are not wanted. Instead of planned 600 cars per a year dealers can hardly sell less than 150 cars each year.
    It seems like Maybach will exist more 5-7 years being slightly modified and then will be slowly killed.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Recently Dieter Zetsche mentioned the fact that there are no plans concerning a new generation of Maybach cars.
    During a last year Maybach closed 29 of 71 dealerships in USA. Reason - the cars are not wanted. Instead of planned 600 cars per a year dealers can hardly sell less than 150 cars each year.
    It seems like Maybach will exist more 5-7 years being slightly modified and then will be slowly killed.
    They'll probably give it a facelift and sell a few more to get the investment out. Pity because the cars itself are very nice. Just an overcrowded market, with the S-Class, A8, Phaeton and others being a more sensible option.

It isn't dying fast enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    They'll probably give it a facelift and sell a few more to get the investment out. Pity because the cars itself are very nice. Just an overcrowded market, with the S-Class, A8, Phaeton and others being a more sensible option.
    The Maybach is slitghly above those.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It isn't dying fast enough...

Nevertheless, some prefer these over Maybach. How will you look driving a Maybach? 'My boss has left to Alpes and I'm riding his car'...

I'm not surprised. I think it should be put in the same class as the Bentley Flying, right? Or should it be with the Arnage? It could also compete with the Phantom, right?

Either way, its gotta go. Made no sense. The platform was on the previous generation S class.

They are nice and I think very good looking. A little excessive but what super luxo sedan isn't? I think it was too hard to break in against the tradition of Rolls and Bentley (And I know Maybach was around a long time ago but I think they were gone too long and a bit too forgotten)

It's the VW Phaeton of luxury cars.

True. But many people prefer to remain incognito. The added value of the Maybach over these can also be questioned.

A Rolls Phantom will forever pwn the Maybach

Quote Originally Posted by aiasib View Post
    A Rolls Phantom will forever pwn the Maybach
    certainly as far as levels of ugliness are concerned....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I think it is a shame to loose the Maybach brand.. I really adore those cars. Compared to the RR Phantom (probably the most ugly car in the world) it is amazing! The interior is really astonishing! If I had the money, there would be no doubt that I had the 62S and the Landaulet. It is a piece of automotive history.
    Mercedes-Benz fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    True. But many people prefer to remain incognito. The added value of the Maybach over these can also be questioned.
    One thing is being stealthy. The other is that your half million € car looks exactly the same as the base 30 grand C-class.

The Phantom may be ugly but at least it's different. The Exelero on the other hand could be the saviour for the brand.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The Maybach looks like a Hyundai S-Class.

One thing is being stealthy. The other is that your half million € car looks exactly the same as the base 30 grand C-class.

The Phantom may be ugly but at least it's different. The Exelero on the other hand could be the saviour for the brand.
    I agree.

The most telling thing is that MB Beverly Hills turned their Maybach showroom into their Smart showroom and they're just selling Maybachs in a corner of the MB showroom.

Perhaps it's a sign that days of conspicuous consumption and excess are slowing down.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Thread Information