Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GM's V-series challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I'll bring a Bonneville and wipe the floor with those suckaz
    it is a road course and not an autox... so the autoxbonne might be out of its element.

and thanks kitdy for correcting everyone about it not being at laguna. i was hoping it was, because i wanted to go watch.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    How about a Lexus IS-F?
    Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    isn't that only 400hp though?
    An IS-F is no M3 or C63. The M3 is more nimble and the C63 significantly more powerful.

I think it'd be interesting if someone showed up in a Panamera Turbo, C63, or E92 M3. Even though they are all down on power, I think that they would be the best challengers to the CTS-V.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I'll bring a Bonneville and wipe the floor with those suckaz
    Werd.

3800 4 life!!!
    Who needs modern technology?

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    it is a road course and not an autox... so the autoxbonne might be out of its element.

and thanks kitdy for correcting everyone about it not being at laguna. i was hoping it was, because i wanted to go watch.
    The Autoxbonne is never out of it's element. It – like the 1.8T – is unbeatable. Were you to drop a 1.8T in the Autoxbonne, it'd create something so awesome that it would cease to exist.

Shame though that it's not at Laguna, a much more epic and storied track than the one they are using.

Aston Martin Rapide? Might be interesting even tho the Aston's long wheel base could affect handling

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Aston Martin Rapide? Might be interesting even tho the Aston's long wheel base could affect handling
    once again, not enough power (although if it were a looks competition i think it would dominate). i still think the m5 is its closest competition. isn't an m5 faster than an m3 or are they about even steven?
    Last edited by roosterjuicer; 10-24-2009 at 01:21 PM.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

isn't that only 400hp though?
    Just about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    An IS-F is no M3 or C63. The M3 is more nimble and the C63 significantly more powerful.

I think it'd be interesting if someone showed up in a Panamera Turbo, C63, or E92 M3. Even though they are all down on power, I think that they would be the best challengers to the CTS-V.
    I'm not sure if the M3 and the IS-F are that far apart. Car and Driver compared the two together, so certainly it shouldn't be all too bad.

And in any case, it seems to be more of a product relations thing more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Just about.
    425bhp actually.

But comparing sports saloons by their lap times is as pointless as wanting the Veyron because it can do 400km/h...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    425bhp actually.

But comparing sports saloons by their lap times is as pointless as wanting the Veyron because it can do 400km/h...
    good point.

as you all probably know, i am a huge GM fanboy but I would much rather have an an aston martin, a c63 or even a jaguar xj although i dont know if i would want to pay for any of these cars) than the cts-v even though it is the fastest. it just doesn't seem like that "nice" of a car to me.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

good point.

as you all probably know, i am a huge GM fanboy but I would much rather have an an aston martin, a c63 or even a jaguar xj although i dont know if i would want to pay for any of these cars) than the cts-v even though it is the fastest. it just doesn't seem like that "nice" of a car to me.
    But it doesn't really matter that it is the fastest.

The M3 is faster than the 335i, but in my opinion the 335i is a much nicer car than the M3. Like wise it doesn't matter that the CTS-V is the fastest, what matters is if it can win your heart.
    Visca Catalunya!

Panamera Turbo, Bugatti Galibier (being fantastical).

I think maybe an EVO FQ-400 could give it a run for its money. I'd like to see the Caddy win, though.

The M3 is faster than the 335i, but in my opinion the 335i is a much nicer car than the M3. Like wise it doesn't matter that the CTS-V is the fastest, what matters is if it can win your heart.

Agreed with that. If I were buying an entry level luxury sedan, I would buy a Mercedes-Benz C300 Luxury. It is not the fastest, or most stylish, but I like its layout, as well as the impeccable quality, durability and capabilities. The fact that it reminds me of the W123 (which is my favorite) car also gives bonus points. So yeah, it doesn't matter if a car is the fastest around a track, it depends on the overall package and how that fits the customer. If I were in the market for a sedan of the CTS' class, I would get the Mercedes just because the overall package fits me best.

isn't it unfair for the CTS-V to have lutz drive it?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

But can't you enjoy this as a stupid diversion? What a heated conflict this should be!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    isn't it unfair for the CTS-V to have lutz drive it?
    Retired GM engineer/test driver/racer John Heinricy will also apparently be there just in case anyone is a real hot hand. He's the guy that lapped the ZR1 and CTS-V around the 'ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    But can't you enjoy this as a stupid diversion? What a heated conflict this should be!
    When it's GM PR galore? No I can't.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information