Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What cell/mobile phone do you own?

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    I have to say Iīm somewhat surprised. I thought you guys would be more into smartphones for some reason. Letīs see what other members say.
    I honestly don't need the internet on me 24 hours a day. I check the computer for that. And it's nice not to have a constant barrage of information.

Plus, I'm at school most of the year anyway, they have fast internet and computer labs all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    I guess most members here just want a device good at being a phone. The rest is probably too high-tech.

Why i don't have a smart phone? Simply because it will be broken in two weeks time. My phone have to endure quite a lot, so i try to get good/simple phones. Why should you need to brag about a device..
    Well, I wasnīt talking about bragging rights. But more about usage. Since most members here are under the 35-40 year old range, I thought more members would be interested in a phone that can recieve e-mails, browse the web and play music all in one package. I guess I was wrong...Iīm quite surpried.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Well, I wasnīt talking about bragging rights. But more about usage. Since most members here are under the 35-40 year old range, I thought more members would be interested in a phone that can recieve e-mails, browse the web and play music all in one package. I guess I was wrong...Iīm quite surpried.
    Drakkie has aged very rapidly....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

This how I see it. Mobile phones are meant to be used outside home. When I'm outside home, I'm going somehwere, maybe with someone or doing something. I don't need or want to listen to music, take pictures or go on the internets.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    This how I see it. Mobile phones are meant to be used outside home. When I'm outside home, I'm going somehwere, maybe with someone or doing something. I don't need or want to listen to music, take pictures or go on the internets.
    On the other hand, you may want to bring something that replace some comforts you have at home, like internet access, music...
    I always considered built in cameras a somehow good thing, as you will always have a camera to shoot something interesting or funny.
    How that influenced the flood of horrible shots all over the place (like facebook) is whole different subject.

That said, I don't think there is a mobile phone which is just that, a phone, with a good camera and nothing else. They always come with other stuff I really don't care. Like something bigger than my wallet or worth more than may monthly rent.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I can semi-see the point of the inbuilt camera. But I could live without taking the odd picture of an old car rusting in the streets of Barcelona. On the other hand I've never been too interested in photography, or taking pictures of things and I mostly suck at it. So probably my opinion on that matter is just invalid.

On the other hand, I can't help but being a bit happy whenever the battery dies and I have to leave the mobile phone at home charging the batteries. That brief period where no one can really localise you and you have a very satisfying freedom.

Yes, I'm from 1923. What can I do...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

You can do this: bring the phone, and use only when you need it. Only the people I care have my number, or those I need to talk with, and since I'm not one of those sending a text message every 30 seconds, I don't receive those messages either. So freedom, check.

Funny how people see ĻfreedomĻ technology wise. The ability of getting and answering e-mails on my phone gives me a sence of freedom since I donīt have to be sitting behind behind a laptop or carrying one arround.

If I donīt want to be reached for some reason, I just turn it off
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

since the widespread arrival of the mobile phone, the amount of useless conversations has exploded....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

If I donīt want to be reached for some reason, I just turn it off
    That's a solution, but then people would start complaining on why you turned it off, why you were not answering, what's the point on having a mobile phone if you don't bring it with you or you don't answer and so on and so forth.
    Fortunately I don't have this sort of problem anymore .

Got a Nokia N97 mini a few months ago. Use it mainly for calling, texting, photos and mobile net. If i listened to more music i'd probably use it for that too, but i only listen to music in the car generally. Only real complaint is it seems to forget sometimes what my ringtones are and switches to the default. Even tonight i had my brother try and call me twice, first time it went default and the second time it went to the set tone.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    That's a solution, but then people would start complaining on why you turned it off, why you were not answering, what's the point on having a mobile phone if you don't bring it with you or you don't answer and so on and so forth.
    Fortunately I don't have this sort of problem anymore .
    Youīre right, thatīs why I only turn it off when I go to sleep. If they complain that I turned it off while I got some shut eye, then they can kiss my.....

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Got a Nokia N97 mini a few months ago. Use it mainly for calling, texting, photos and mobile net. If i listened to more music i'd probably use it for that too, but i only listen to music in the car generally. Only real complaint is it seems to forget sometimes what my ringtones are and switches to the default. Even tonight i had my brother try and call me twice, first time it went default and the second time it went to the set tone.
    Damn ringtone Gremlins!! JAJAJA.

I have a Blackberry, not sure what kind... 8300 or something maybe? It's ok, it has a keyboard which is pretty much all I care about, I only use it for calls and texting... oh and the calendar every now and then.

Thread Information