Page 260 of 273 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4094

Thread: Requests

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    I agree with you, I have been looking for the coupe version of the Silver Cloud II, but could only find saloons and convertibles
    Unfortunately, I can't enlarge the second of the two thumbnails attached to your posting, but I believe it to be a picture of one of the two Mulliner Park Ward Cabriolets specially ordered by the Australian High Commission for the Royal tour of Australia in 1963. Despite the single headlamps, these two cars are actually Silver Cloud III LWBs, chassis nos being CAL37 and CAL39. One similar car was built by H J Mulliner on a LWB Silver Cloud II, chassis no LLCB16.

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    The biggest ones I could possibly find.
    Thanks alot for those pictures, they were very helpful.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by leroy View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't enlarge the second of the two thumbnails attached to your posting, but I believe it to be a picture of one of the two Mulliner Park Ward Cabriolets specially ordered by the Australian High Commission for the Royal tour of Australia in 1963. Despite the single headlamps, these two cars are actually Silver Cloud III LWBs, chassis nos being CAL37 and CAL39. One similar car was built by H J Mulliner on a LWB Silver Cloud II, chassis no LLCB16.
    Hmm strange the second picture does open for me.
    But about, it being a Silver Cloud III, I have to take your word for it, because I'm no expert on Rolls Royce

Apart from 107 DHCs by H J Mulliner, which were basically adapted standard steel Saloons, there were no coachbuilt cars on the standard wheelbase SC II. So no Coupés as such, unless you mean those of the folding top variety. Although the car I have pictured here is actually a Cloud I, it is externally visually indistinguishable from its SC II successor, so you are effectively viewing the only coachbuilt Silver Cloud II body style on the standard wheelbase.
    Thanks for the picture, but this still doesn't solve this problem. I am generally not a big fan of wikipedia, but in most cases, it provides basic knowledge which enables you to search on. In this case, wiki says that there was a coupe version of the SC1 at some point... maybe a hardtop version of the convertible? I don't have any clue. Do you know a good Rolls forum where I could get further information? That would help me a lot.

@brochureman: no problem
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Thanks for the picture, but this still doesn't solve this problem. I am generally not a big fan of wikipedia, but in most cases, it provides basic knowledge which enables you to search on. In this case, wiki says that there was a coupe version of the SC1 at some point... maybe a hardtop version of the convertible? I don't have any clue. Do you know a good Rolls forum where I could get further information? That would help me a lot.

Well, the Silver Cloud I is a different matter. The rarity of coachbuilt bodies on the SC II is due to the fact that by 1959, when the Cloud II was launched, most of the traditional coachbuilders had disappeared, and Park Ward were already owned by Rolls-Royce themselves; H J Mulliner would follow them into R-R ownership in 1959, so effectively James Young was the only independant coachbuilder left to build bodies for R-R and Bentley when the SC II was current. By contrast with the single coachbuilder (H J Mulliner, as we have already said) who built 107 identical DHC bodies on standard wheelbase SC IIs, 5 different coachbuilders built a total of 110 cars of a variety of different styles on standard wheelbase SC I chassis.

5 FHC bodies in 4 different styles were built on SC I standard w/b chassis, as follows:

Chassis SWA42, by Freestone & Webb (catalogued by them as a 2d4l Saloon)
    Chassis SWA108, by Freestone and Webb
    Chassis LSDD44, by James Young
    Chassis LSED91, by H J Mulliner
    Chassis LSHF111, by James Young (identical to LSDD44)

The other 105 coachbuilt SC I standard wheelbase cars carried various different 4dr Saloon, Touring Limousine or DHC bodies.

Additionally, one LWB SC I carried a FHC body. This was BLC35, a 2dr Saloon Coupé by Hooper. 32 of the other 34 coachbuilt (as opposed to the "cut-and-shut" Park Ward cars) SC I LWBs were 4-dr Saloons or Touring Limousines; 2 were Estate Cars by Harold Radford, although these were actually adaptions of Park Ward LWB Saloons.

So here are the only two pictures I have of any of the SC I FHCs. I hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hmm...having now read the Wikipedia article myself, my reading of it is that it makes no mention of a Silver Cloud I Coupé. What it does state is that there was a Coupé version of the Silver Cloud III. This is correct. In order to boost Rolls-Royce sales, management decided to offer all the body styles available on the Bentley S3 Continental to buyers of the Silver Cloud III. Park Ward had styled a very handsome, modern-looking Coupé for the Bentley S2 Continental, available in Fixed-Head or Drop-Head configuration, and this was carried over, with frontal modifications to accommodate the S3's 4-headlamp configuration, to the S3 Continental. In line with the new policy, this body was offered on the Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III. By my reckoning, 107 standard wheelbase SC IIIs were bodied as Mulliner Park Ward (the two coachbuilding arms of Rolls-Royce were by this time amalgamated) FHCs. In addition, 6 standard-wheelbase SC IIIs carried 2-dr Saloon Coupé bodies by James Young, all to design no SCV150. These were chassis LSGT607C, SGT609C, CSC31B, CSC91B, LCSC99B and CSC101B. Lastly, 2 SC III LWBs, chassis CEL19 and LCDL1, were bodied as Saloon Coupés by James Young, the design number being SCT200.

So now here are pictures of all three FHC styles sold on SC III chassis.

Hmm...having now read the Wikipedia article myself, my reading of it is that it makes no mention of a Silver Cloud I Coupé. What it does state is that there was a Coupé version of the Silver Cloud III. This is correct. In order to boost Rolls-Royce sales, management decided to offer all the body styles available on the Bentley S3 Continental to buyers of the Silver Cloud III. Park Ward had styled a very handsome, modern-looking Coupé for the Bentley S2 Continental, available in Fixed-Head or Drop-Head configuration, and this was carried over, with frontal modifications to accommodate the S3's 4-headlamp configuration, to the S3 Continental. In line with the new policy, this body was offered on the Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III. By my reckoning, 107 standard wheelbase SC IIIs were bodied as Mulliner Park Ward (the two coachbuilding arms of Rolls-Royce were by this time amalgamated) FHCs. In addition, 6 standard-wheelbase SC IIIs carried 2-dr Saloon Coupé bodies by James Young, all to design no SCV150. These were chassis LSGT607C, SGT609C, CSC31B, CSC91B, LCSC99B and CSC101B. Lastly, 2 SC III LWBs, chassis CEL19 and LCDL1, were bodied as Saloon Coupés by James Young, the design number being SCT200.

So now here are pictures of all three FHC styles sold on SC III chassis.
    Oooops

But really: thank you a lot. Those pictures really helped me.

Maybe I simply confused the SC 1 and the SC 2.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Oooops

But really: thank you a lot. Those pictures really helped me.
    That's good.

Here's another Silver Cloud III FHC by Mulliner Park Ward. This is chassis
    SHS345C, whose first owner was actor Peter Sellers. The slightly slanting configuration of the headlamps of these cars has earned them the nickname "Chinese Eye."

Just a quick request.. Ginetta G55!
    Ginetta - Ginetta G55

These are the best pictures i could find.

New_ginetta_G55_super_car_2011.jpg tn_g55-04-L.jpg
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Thanks, But already got those (except the piston heads one, which I don't want). Will wait for when it starts racing, should find some nice pictures on Flickr after then.

Koenigsegg Agera R

Anyone? The one with the trunk on the top of the car?
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Shelby SSC "Next Generation" Are High-Res available?
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Koenigsegg Agera R

Anyone? The one with the trunk on the top of the car?
    Download images | Koenigsegg

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Shelby SSC "Next Generation" Are High-Res available?
    Wow, that is the closest thing to a fighter jet on 4 wheels I´ve ever seen!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information