Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All new Ferrari 458 Italia revealed ...

All new Ferrari 458 Italia revealed ...

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

Ahead of the launch at the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show, Ferrari have today revealed the first images and detailed information of the 458 Italia; the much anticipated replacement of the current F430 range. As the name suggests, it is powered by a 4.5 liter V8 engine, which is a development of the engine first used in the California introduced last year. It distinguishes itself from the earlier mid-mounted V8s in that it has direct injection. The increase in displacement has boosted the output to a staggering 570 bhp, which is a little more than the comparable Gallardo. All that power is transferred to the rear wheels through a dual-clutch seven-speed gearbox. Needless to say the car comes complete with all sorts of trickery to control the traction.
    Of at least equal importance to the technical details is the exterior styling. House-designer Pininfarina is responsible for the 458 Italia's very striking lines. Although there is still a similarity with the earlier models, the styling is quite unique and may not be to everyone's liking. The nose sports long headlights with incorporated vents and the rear-end has three F40-like exhaust pipes. The greenhouse is relatively large courtesy of very low doors. From the side the Italia is reminiscent of the Enzo.
    Seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher has contributed his wealth of experience and knowledge to improve the machine's handling. The engineers have also spent much time making the 458 more environmentally friendly than its predecessors. They achieved this in part by keeping the weight down to 1360 kg, which is 90 kg less than the outgoing F430. The new Ferrari can accelerate from 0 - 100 km/h in under 3.5 seconds and does not stop until it reaches 325 km/h.

Enjoy the links:

2009 Ferrari 458 Italia - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Hmm, I'm not liking it so far. I have a feeling I have seen those lines before but can't recall where. Maybe it will grow on me but is that the reaction Ferrari is looking for? I immediately thought the 430 was a stunner. Then again I think the California is hideous and it is selling well.

I hope this one grows on me, I didnt like the California at first, so, who knows. I think that some of the individual parts of the car are beautiful, just not so sure how it all fits together.

PS I'm in Africa so I haven't been watching the news, what did something happen to one of the Ferrari drivers?

radical departure from current design trends much?

I like it.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Waiting for actual shots. Those headlights are just messed in the front and aerial views.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Not as sexy or racy as the 430 Scud....but loads better than the Cali.

The side view has too much Enzo in it which makes it look a bit aged already.

No imagination in the rim design...geez they need to hire BMW's designer for that.

from the side, it looks great. but otherwise it looks like a bad kit job. with parts of it radical for the sake of being radical and i'm pretty sure not aerodynamically useful.

semi bloody automatic? might sound a bit ironic coming from me who drives a tiptronic, but I really hope there is a manual option here! there will be....right guys?

does look good though. as leonofthedead said headlights look a bit messed up so actual shots should make front of the car look a whole lot better. great proportions though. Ferrari never seem to mess up too much with this size of car, the larger GT's are a bit hit and miss but 355, 348, 360 and the 430 have all been great looking cars.
    Last edited by Spastik_Roach; 07-28-2009 at 04:43 AM.

The 'F1' option paddle shift transmission which is by far the most popular option is a semi automatic. Nothing new there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    from the side, it looks great. but otherwise it looks like a bad kit job. with parts of it radical for the sake of being radical and i'm pretty sure not aerodynamically useful.
    they actually state there are deformable parts to tune the car accordingly to its needs.
    So I guess every line has an aerodynamic purpose, still exactly this could be its styling problem.

I just noticed there is no mention to a manual gearbox.
    As for the California, this DSG is a completely different unit as opposed to the F1 and manual transmissions of the F430 which are the same unit.
    As for the California, I hope, a manual version will be available in the future.
    Or maybe not.

Gorgeous!!!!!!!
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

this appears to be the interior
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    this appears to be the interior
    Driver-oriented but weird...

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight View Post
    Driver-oriented but weird...
    not much different from the 599 or the California, the left section would normally be blackened.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    not much different from the 599 or the California, the left section would normally be blackened.
    The layout of the central section of the cabin (What appears to be radio / air-con controls) is rather different to Ferrari's previous models.

Even the a/c outlets are placed radically different to all previous Ferraris

Thread Information