Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: She said yes!

She said yes!

...not that I had any doubts .

Last weekend, on a rainy saturday afternoon, I asked my girlfriend of four years to marry me. It just happened to be her birthday, so I took the opportunity to do it then, thinking that I would have less trouble remembering the date if questioned a few years down the road.

The story behind the fountain in the picture is actually an interesting one. Its located at Red Rooster winery here in Penticton, where I used to work a few years ago. It was that fountain where I took a penny out of my pocket four years prior and tossed it over my shoulder, wishing that this girl would become my girlfriend. Coincidentally, she was interested in me as well at that time and was making the same wish in regards to me, at a fountain in Disneyland! That's how I knew it would be a fitting location. It came to me after a discussion with her mom a couple days before. I had originally intended to slip the ring on her finger while we were parasailing (which we did earlier that saturday), but I didn't want to risk the darned thing falling into the lake below us, and me having to unshackle myself from the sail to dive after it .

So, after getting her to close her eyes while standing with her back to the fountain, I slipped a coin into her hand and told her to make a wish. When she opened her eyes, I held the ring out for her to see. As corny as this next part sounds, she later told me that it was exactly what she had wished at that moment.

I thought I would share that with you guys.

Ok. the picture doesn't seem to want to upload. If someone wants to lend a hand, I will email it. nevermind. fixed!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 07-30-2009 at 12:07 AM.

Congratulations!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    ...not that I had any doubts .

Last weekend, on a rainy saturday afternoon, I asked my girlfriend of four years to marry me. It just happened to be her birthday, so I took the opportunity to do it then, thinking that I would have less trouble remembering the date if questioned a few years down the road.

The story behind the fountain in the picture is actually an interesting one. Its located at Red Rooster winery here in Penticton, where I used to work a few years ago. It was that fountain where I took a penny out of my pocket four years prior and tossed it over my shoulder, wishing that this girl would become my girlfriend. Coincidentally, she was interested in me as well at that time and was making the same wish in regards to me, at a fountain in Disneyland! That's how I knew it would be a fitting location. It came to me after a discussion with her mom a couple days before. I had originally intended to slip the ring on her finger while we were parasailing (which we did earlier that saturday), but I didn't want to risk the darned thing falling into the lake below us, and me having to unshackle myself from the sail to dive after it .

So, after getting her to close her eyes while standing with her back to the fountain, I slipped a coin into her hand and told her to make a wish. When she opened her eyes, I held the ring out for her to see. As corny as this next part sounds, she later told me that it was exactly what she had wished at that moment.

I thought I would share that with you guys.

Ok. the picture doesn't seem to want to upload. If someone wants to lend a hand, I will email it. nevermind. fixed!
    Congrats Rob you romantic ****

attached lulz

no but seriously congratulations and the best of luck to the two of you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

thanks guys . Thanks for the pic too Damian lol.

Con-freakin-gratulations!
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Congrats dude.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

first becoming a supporting member and now getting full member support. Your luck is endless this year.
    Many congratulations.
    (did you both get your pennies back?)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

congrats dude. 4 years eh! way outside my attention span
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    first becoming a supporting member and now getting full member support. Your luck is endless this year.
    Many congratulations.
    (did you both get your pennies back?)
    surely being a supportimg member made her acceptance inevitable
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

4 Years? conga rats

Does she know what she's getting into, or was she distracted by shiny?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    congrats dude. 4 years eh! way outside my attention span

surely being a supportimg member made her acceptance inevitable
    Ah, so that's it. Supporting members get the ladeez.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Hey, here's the luckiest man on Earth, right? Congratulations and best wishes

Mad congrats Rob, you must be so happy! Great freaking news!

Congrats Rob
    Do we get to know her name or is she to be known on UCP as "the boss of Rob" :0
    Best wishes for the future to you both.

Congrats!

(will she let you on UCP still?)

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Hilarious.

Congrats man...have you set a date or something?

PS looking at the shot I thought "he is f****ng Brad Pitt!"
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information