Thread: Mini Roadster Concept 2009

Mini Roadster Concept 2009

MINI Roadster Concept: fresh ideas for an intense driving experience.

Presenting the MINI Roadster Concept, the brand once again sets a new trend for individual mobility. This is where a purist character, elegant design and fascinating driving qualities come together in the vision of an open two-seater meeting the demands of a modern and self-confident target group. Individual style, premium quality and exactly the right balance of driving pleasure and efficiency in our modern day and age give the MINI Roadster Concept its very special character, the design of the car clearly reflecting this focus on maximum driving pleasure with nothing but the sky above.

Spontaneous pleasure – the domain of the MINI Roadster Concept.

The MINI Roadster Concept offers ideal conditions for an emotional experience also on short trips, at the same time urging the connoisseur and aficionado to escape the usual congestion of city traffic.

With its intentional restriction to two seats and lightweight construction, the car from the start expresses its focus on uncompromising agility. Its stylish looks and high-class interior ambience, in turn, give this very special two-seater truly exclusive character.

Exterior design: unique proportions, expression typical of MINI.

The body design of the MINI Roadster Concept visualises the identity of the brand and its innovative power in a truly fascinating combination. The integrating factor throughout is the design language so typical of MINI, determining both the elements characteristic of the brand and the car’s innovative features. In its design the MINI Roadster Concept is refreshingly different, but nevertheless absolutely harmonious and perfectly balanced in its look so reminiscent of MINI. In a truly incomparable manner, therefore, the MINI design of this concept car offers an extroverted look in style and with genuine class.

This new two-seater measures 3,714 millimetres/146.2" in length and 1,683 millimetres/66.3" in width. The height of the car is 1,356 millimetres/53.4".

Again in typical MINI style, the MINI Roadster Concept comes with extra-short body overhangs front and rear emphasising the athletic stature of the car and alluding even at a standstill to the unique handling of the MINI Roadster Concept characterised by thrilling agility and that typical feeling of go-kart motoring. The front section including the large headlights and the hexagon radiator grille is the same as on the MINI Cooper S up to the A-pillars. The entire front air dam, in turn, has been adjusted to the sporting look of the car and appears to be even wider and more striking than before. The inner area within the chrome radiator grille comes with louvers in body colour, while the bonnet stripes extending all the way into the radiator grille add a sporting touch and provide clear optical differentiation on the MINI Roadster Concept.

The low, short and dynamically raked A-pillars merge gently into the roofline of the car as long as the roof is closed. The glazed area in the passenger cell is significantly lower, slimmer and even more dynamic than on the regular production models, providing a strikingly sleek silhouette for an even more sporting and performance-oriented look.

The typical roadster character of the concept car comes out clearly when both open and closed, the waistline rising up slightly towards the rear in a linear perspective also maintained with the roof open.

The pure and open character of the car is of course most obvious and appealing with the roof down. Folding down in a compact configuration, the roof leads on to a short luggage compartment lid housing the luggage compartment separated from the passenger compartment.

The passenger compartment limited to two seats is covered – whenever required on account of wind and weather – by a high-quality soft top with the smallest possible dimensions.

With the roof closed, on the other hand, the MINI Roadster stands out clearly from the MINI Convertible through its notchback contour. The soft top opens and closes manually in a process performed very quickly and with utmost ease thanks to the compact dimensions of the roof.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Looks like a lunar exploration vechicle.

I kinda want.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Mini Roadster Concept #2
    Visca Catalunya!

Mini Roadster Concept #3
    Visca Catalunya!

Mini Roadster Concept #4
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Looks like a lunar exploration vechicle.

I kinda want.
    Technically it has to be brilliant. However there's something in the design that puts me off. For some reason it doesn't look quite right.
    Visca Catalunya!

I like it. It looks like a ton of fun.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

looks waaay better than the current convertible at least
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I prefer the coupe concept. That's for the guy. This roadster can be for the chick.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Technically it has to be brilliant. However there's something in the design that puts me off. For some reason it doesn't look quite right.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm a big Mini fan, but this leaves me cold. I do however like the houndstooth seat inserts.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

This greater than the coupe.. or the normal convertible one. I may even like it better than the normal one.. but I'd prefer to spend the cashish on making an awesome old one.

I love love love it. Def. better than the coupe and dare i say better than the hatch? As a matter of fact i looove all the drop tops that just came out (this, Audi R8, and Lambo Reventon).

o_O.

This is what the gauges look like.

other than that.....yeah. Somethings not right.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information