Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: The State of The Car

I still think that Maser should be a thinly disguised Ferrari. People will always pay the markup to a Ferrari, Ferrari will retain some important differences (flat-plane vs cross-plane V8s, no 4-doors or SUVs, limited build count, etc) and Maser will get some much needed excitement into the vehicles. Hell, sell enough diesel Masers and maybe Ferrari can drop the turbos.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I like the idea Ferraris in disguise (even if it is an affront to the Maserati name), but it doesn't seem to be the option Fisler has chosen for Maserati. They seem to prefer Maserati to fight with Porsche and Jaguar instead.

As I said, I like the Ghibli, but I can't really argue with what Rasmus says. Maybe the mistake is to see as an oldschool Maserati. And anyway compared to a Biturbo I'm sure it is a bit better.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I like the idea Ferraris in disguise (even if it is an affront to the Maserati name), but it doesn't seem to be the option Fisler has chosen for Maserati. They seem to prefer Maserati to fight with Porsche and Jaguar instead.
    It can be both, I really just mean that it should have some distinctive Ferrari-ness about how it goes about its business. Once it's more successful it can get about the business of being Maserati again.

Yes! Take that ecomentalists! Now where's my supercharged Hemi Challenger? I want to save the world in it.

Audis Synthetic Fuel Is Basically Race Gas

(Is it ironic that this is coming from Audi?)
    Visca Catalunya!

What do you guys think of Sergio's constant attempts to find a further merger partner for FCA?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What do you guys think of Sergio's constant attempts to find a further merger partner for FCA?
    the previous time Fiat worked together with GM, it resulted in lots of money for them...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I've read that apparently Alfa Romeo's revival will drain lots of resources from FCA and this would leave them in a weak spot. Hence the interest in merging with another large car corporation.
    Visca Catalunya!

If they merge with GM, they could use the Chevy Spark as a new Lancia Ypsilon! The Delta is back! (it's a Cruze). Think of the possibilities!

Then be sad. Real sad.

Faux Chryslers or faux Buicks, I don't know what would actually be worse for Lancia.
    Last edited by Ferrer; 06-10-2015 at 08:40 AM.
    Visca Catalunya!

I would get a kick out of some serious GM bastardization of an old Chrysler zombie chassis. Replacing the SS/Caprice/Commodore with a 300-derived fullsizer with vestigial Daimler W211 componentry or basing the next GMC Colorado on the old (MJ/XJ) AMC Comanche platform would be pleasingly meta and silly.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujn7jEQ4ib4"]Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 - Dragracing on a closed Airfield! - YouTube[/ame]

Obat langsing jakarta

Sir Gio may not be incorrect that the auto industry needs even further rationalization to be healthier, but this whining really makes FCA seem weak.

The market has slowed markedly in China, and for those that weren't well positioned there early, it may become even harder to crack into what's becoming a mature market.

We may yet lose some more brands in the coming years, and sacrifice more uniqueness.

Uniqueness has been long sacrificed...
    Visca Catalunya!

The Giulia has been leaked!

Visca Catalunya!

Wow! The rear end of a Hyundai Sonata!

It looks big and not designed for Europe. Alfa wants to make a push in North America, and I assume other big markets like China and the Middle East. That will be hard in a luxury segment with a glut of options, and when Alfa has some lingering negative brand impressions from customers in North America, or none at all in Asia. I'll eat my hat if they come anywhere near their sales targets.

I'll root for them.

Thread Information