Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > Racing forums


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Kitdy's Avatar
Kitdy Kitdy is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,075
2008 ALMS Season

Well, I've created this thread to amalgamate all the ALMS stuff that goes on so that less things are missed.

First off, the word on the street is that Lexus may be in GT2 with an IS-F, expect at 470 hp V6 beneath the hood.

GT2 is sure gonna be awesome with all the manufacturers duking it out.

I was also wondering why the IS-F pictured has sidespipes? Is there an advantage?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg team-lexus_is-f.jpg (92.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg team-lexus_is-f_1.jpg (118.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg team-lexus_is-f_2.jpg (75.1 KB, 24 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-08-2008, 02:31 PM
NSXType-R's Avatar
NSXType-R NSXType-R is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 11,617
East Coast of the United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
Well, I've created this thread to amalgamate all the ALMS stuff that goes on so that less things are missed.

First off, the word on the street is that Lexus may be in GT2 with an IS-F, expect at 470 hp V6 beneath the hood.

GT2 is sure gonna be awesome with all the manufacturers duking it out.

I was also wondering why the IS-F pictured has sidespipes? Is there an advantage?
Nice to see Lexus in there. Can't wait for it to start. Maybe I should follow it more closely this season.

Maybe it's an aerodynamical/weight advantage?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-08-2008, 02:32 PM
The_Canuck's Avatar
The_Canuck The_Canuck is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,683
True North
I think it has to do with flow.

Oh, and go Aston and FLying lizard...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Kitdy's Avatar
Kitdy Kitdy is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,075
I also heard Peterson/White Lightning is out for this year due to financial troubles - they apparently lost a lot of money from the cancellation of the Dakar rally, but the decision not to run was made before that.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Dino Scuderia's Avatar
Dino Scuderia Dino Scuderia is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,584
Southeast US
Lexus, or someone, has been showing similar pics for two years.

Maybe someday it will happen.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-08-2008, 07:01 PM
F1_Master's Avatar
F1_Master F1_Master is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,877
United States of America
Send a message via MSN to F1_Master
Will be a very interesting year in GT2.

Speaking of ALMS, any new teams coming to the LMP classes that could give Penske or Audi a run?
__________________
2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
2011 BMW 328i Coupe
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Kitdy's Avatar
Kitdy Kitdy is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
Will be a very interesting year in GT2.

Speaking of ALMS, any new teams coming to the LMP classes that could give Penske or Audi a run?
Nothing that I've heard of, and I'm pretty sure that it would be out by now that someone new was coming to the LMP classes.

There is a rumour that Peugeot will attend some of the big races (Sebring, Petit Le Mans, Laguna Seca), and duke it out with Audi.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Turbo.Jenkens's Avatar
Turbo.Jenkens Turbo.Jenkens is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 623
Redneckville, AL
I hope the 2008 rules slow down Penske and Acura enough to require a move to LMP1 in order to compete for overall. In the meantime I can't blame them for exploiting the loop hole. I'd love to see Peugeot compete, though I can't understand why they would except for bragging writes. Won't they have an R10 to contend with in LMS anyways?

I'm baffled that none of the FIA GT or LMS GT1 teams are coming here to compete. Sure you have to go up against the best funded and most developed GT1 program in the world, but they're not unbeatable. Besides, they'd be guaranteed a podium if they can finish.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-08-2008, 08:28 PM
The_Canuck's Avatar
The_Canuck The_Canuck is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,683
True North
It'll be great to see the 908 beaten by the RS Spyder if they participate in any of the shorter races...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
I'm baffled that none of the FIA GT or LMS GT1 teams are coming here to compete. Sure you have to go up against the best funded and most developed GT1 program in the world, but they're not unbeatable. Besides, they'd be guaranteed a podium if they can finish.
But if you are an European team is there any point to make the extra expense to compete in a foreign series that doesn't take place in you market?
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Turbo.Jenkens's Avatar
Turbo.Jenkens Turbo.Jenkens is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 623
Redneckville, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
But if you are an European team is there any point to make the extra expense to compete in a foreign series that doesn't take place in you market?
For someone like Peugeot, no. But if you are a GT team or a private LMP team possibly. Since the factory backed teams aren't eligible for prize money that would be a good incentive. Also, for many teams it would be the easiest way to get a bid for Le Mans. Whether thats enough to justify the cost of transporting a car and team over here for 12 races is doubtful. I'd like to think a partial schedule like Sebring, Petit, and Laguna Seca is feasible, since a handful of teams usually make it.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Wouter Melissen's Avatar
Wouter Melissen Wouter Melissen is offline
Supporting Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,530
Rozenburg
Send a message via MSN to Wouter Melissen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
For someone like Peugeot, no. But if you are a GT team or a private LMP team possibly. Since the factory backed teams aren't eligible for prize money that would be a good incentive. Also, for many teams it would be the easiest way to get a bid for Le Mans. Whether thats enough to justify the cost of transporting a car and team over here for 12 races is doubtful. I'd like to think a partial schedule like Sebring, Petit, and Laguna Seca is feasible, since a handful of teams usually make it.
The teams that came over in recent years were predominantly interested in selling cars.
__________________
If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Kitdy's Avatar
Kitdy Kitdy is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,075
Corvette Racing has announced that they will run next year's C6.R on E85 cellulosic ethanol; made from wood chips, not corn.

Pics below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corvetteracr851_opt.jpg (42.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg E85ALMSVette.JPG (173.3 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-16-2008, 02:06 AM
Wouter Melissen's Avatar
Wouter Melissen Wouter Melissen is offline
Supporting Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,530
Rozenburg
Send a message via MSN to Wouter Melissen
There is talk at Daily Sports Car - Sportscar Racing's Internet Magazine that Michael Schumacher might make an appearance at the Sebring 12 Hours. In a Ferrari of course; probably one of the factory backed Risi cars.
__________________
If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-25-2008, 12:26 PM
broken's Avatar
broken broken is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
There is talk at Daily Sports Car - Sportscar Racing's Internet Magazine that Michael Schumacher might make an appearance at the Sebring 12 Hours. In a Ferrari of course; probably one of the factory backed Risi cars.
That's not happening anymore but it would have been awesome. Although, I would like to see the Lizards stand some kind of chance too.
__________________
PSN: onikron

Last edited by broken; 01-25-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2008 season, alms, alms 2008


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rate the avatar of the person above you RISE AGAINST Multimedia 8191 02-24-2013 06:50 PM
2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup Schedule DanicaFan Racing forums 0 12-31-2007 05:06 AM
Le Mans Series Official Thread Wouter Melissen Racing forums 83 09-25-2006 12:07 PM
Team Adt Champion Racing And The Audi R8 Finish 2005 Motorsport Season Victorious QuattroMan Racing forums 4 11-03-2005 05:10 PM
2005 F1 Season Review Thread Jack_Bauer Racing forums 23 10-21-2005 02:56 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:08 AM.

 

© 1998 - 2019 Ultimatecarpage.com