Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Audi A6 (C7) 2011-2018

Audi A6 (C7) 2011-2018

Audi A6

The new Audi A6: high tech in the executive class

Once again, Audi sets the standard: The new A6 will arrive at dealerships in early 2011. The successor to the world’s most successful executive sedan features groundbreaking solutions in every area of technology. An intelligent combination of materials renders the body unusually light; operation is easy, despite a wealth of functionality; and the range of assistance and multimedia systems is extensive. The new A6 series starts with five powerplants generating between 130 kW (177 hp) and 220 kW (300 hp) of output: two gasoline engines and three TDI units. The Audi A6 hybrid will follow at a later date; it combines the power of a large V6 with the fuel efficiency of a four-cylinder unit. A number of drivetrain options are also available. The Audi drive select dynamic handling system for all TFSI and TDI versions has been expanded to include an additional mode – the “efficiency” program.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Audi A6 #2

Audi A6 #3

Audi A6 #4

Audi A6 #5

Audi A6 #6

Audi A6 #7

Audi A6 #8

Audi A6 #9

Audi A6 #10

Looks like a very nice way to drive to work and to go on long drives through areas with boring roads and high traffic roads.

PS: I like that Die Welt is open on the iPad.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Only thing I don't get is the all-LED head lamps. Hopefully the A6 will come with xenon/LED hybrid versions like the NA spec Audi A8 have as an option.

Other than that, design parentage is obvious, but seems sleeker than the older car, more like say the Holden Commodore, which is about the same size as the new A6.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Looks like smaller A8. Not that it's surprising though...
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

nothing wrong, nothing special.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

They could've make the styling edgier, but as some observers have said, it seems that Audi may be saving that for the S6/RS 6 variants.

I wonder if the new electronic power steering system (similar in principal hopefully to Audi's LM cars) and the more ballanced weight distribution and getting closer to BMW's "wheel at each corner" theory and the lighter and stiffer chassis will improve the driving experience from a performance stand point?

Aside from the all-LED head lamps (xenon/LED laps will be an option thankfully), I'd have hoped that Audi would've put some more powerful engines in it to start with. The launch range is OK for everyday driving, but M-B and BMW do have more powerful engines in the 5 series and E-class. But then again, the base versions of those cars have small capacity NA 6 cylinders in them.

Still, if Holden can shove a 6.2 liter V8 out of a Corvette and sell it in England as the VXR8 for 38,000 British pounds, and sell the VXR8 Bathurst with the 6.2 supercharged V8 out of the Cadillac CTS-V for 45,000 BLbs, you'd expect a little more power out of the Germans, considering that Audi built one of the best gasoline racing engines of all time--the 3.6 FSI V8 out of the R8.

I guess that luxury comes at a price, considering that the Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon aren't even entirely in the same class, being four door family sedans as opposed to similar sized luxo-crusers (or brusers once quattro GmbH, AMG and the M-division get their hands on them).
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Thread Information