Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2009 F1 predictions

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    what I meant is that despite the lack of downforce, the slicks would offer an higher coefficient of friction (or simply grip), so the two factors could balance themselves.
    Only to a certain extent. Especially above something like 200-250km/h, youre working almost purely on aero grip. You could probably run 70's era slicks and see only a marginal difference.

Its widely expected next year places like Monaco, Hungary etc will be faster but Monza, Spa, Silverstone and other high speed tracks will be slower.
    I am the Stig

Hey Guys, I know I come accross as a Doom & Gloomer, but, what is really going to change? The "Have" Teams have the money to spend. They will claw back an Aero advantidge, the Wind tunnels & CFD/24hrs./day. The 1st. maybe the 1st. 6 Races might be Chaotic. As Fans, We might get lucky & see 4, maybe 5 Drivers in contention for WDC. WHOOPIE! What is more important is that Luca has Decided to Publicly Deride Bernie.FOTA vs FOM. He is Campaining! Make no doubt about that. His real target is Mosley! Divide & Conquer! Luca is going after the Money! FOTA has the Popular support. Who's side are You on? Do You not think That Joe Average/Euro/NA Fan will back Him? I see a major play for Power coming,Too many People hate Bernie & Max for the status quo to continue. And No, FOTA will not start a Breakaway Series, look what that did for CART & the IRL. Luca & Co. will just push Bernie & CVC out! My 2 cents! OK KICK My Butt

Quote Originally Posted by forager View Post
    Hey Guys, I know I come accross as a Doom & Gloomer, but, what is really going to change? The "Have" Teams have the money to spend. They will claw back an Aero advantidge, the Wind tunnels & CFD/24hrs./day. The 1st. maybe the 1st. 6 Races might be Chaotic. As Fans, We might get lucky & see 4, maybe 5 Drivers in contention for WDC. WHOOPIE! What is more important is that Luca has Decided to Publicly Deride Bernie.FOTA vs FOM. He is Campaining! Make no doubt about that. His real target is Mosley! Divide & Conquer! Luca is going after the Money! FOTA has the Popular support. Who's side are You on? Do You not think That Joe Average/Euro/NA Fan will back Him? I see a major play for Power coming,Too many People hate Bernie & Max for the status quo to continue. And No, FOTA will not start a Breakaway Series, look what that did for CART & the IRL. Luca & Co. will just push Bernie & CVC out! My 2 cents! OK KICK My Butt
    I kick your punctuation and grammar, do you actually talk like that?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

No Leon, I talk like this. Frack You

Will be interesting to see if Hamilton can defend his title since it was really really close this year.

There is a 2009 F1 Predictions thread. And I apparently chose Lewis to win - I guess at the time I was thinking that Kimi would not rebound. I hope sorta though that it's not Ferrari or McLaren going for the win - I'd like to see someone else in the mix. So I guess my pre-testing guess is locked in but we'll see what happens when post-testing guesses are made.

Williams will lose a sponsor. Yup, I'm a cheating bastard: RBS goes south...

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide
    Zag when they Zig

Well, We havn't lost another Team , Yet. So things are looking better. But Gawd, is that Renualt , UGLY

But Gawd, is that Renualt , UGLY
    Have to agree. I can't stand looking at that front nose. Heres hoping it's one of those 'radical' ideas that gets scraped early on.

Quote Originally Posted by magracer View Post
    Williams will lose a sponsor. Yup, I'm a cheating bastard: RBS goes south...

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide
    Props to you for using the greatest place to get news.

The ALMS is great racing. Grand Am is great also with excellent manufacturer representation.

Hey guys; I saw a pic on the net the other day of the Renault. Different Nose & Wing. Is this the Nose that failed the crash test? Looks much better! no link or explanation was attached. I don't think it was photoshopped. I think it was on a Speed Forum. Has anybody else seen this pix or should I schedule an Eye Exam?What's Your Opinion of the USF1 rumour?

Hey guys; I saw a pic on the net the other day of the Renault. Different Nose & Wing. Is this the Nose that failed the crash test? Looks much better! no link or explanation was attached. I don't think it was photoshopped. I think it was on a Speed Forum. Has anybody else seen this pix or should I schedule an Eye Exam?What's Your Opinion of the USF1 rumour?
    can you find said pic and post it here?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

It was maybe just a photoshop.
    I am the Stig

Sorry guys; I don't know how! Yes, I'm Stoopid. But the pix is on the Speedtv Boards. Page 3. thread is called, Aero Problems with the Renault? Post # 32. Sorry I cannot be of more help. Ooops, look under F1 General Discussion.
    Last edited by forager; 02-12-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: I'm Stoopid!

Thread Information