Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: 2009 F1 predictions

I think thats just a photoshop showing the nose without the skirts, which Renault now have running the full length of the nose.
    I am the Stig

OK ladies, time to revive this thread. I even got you profesional help:

Axis Of Oversteer: Alonso's grid.

See what Alonso thinks the constructors positions are now. Don't speak spanish? see the readers comments...

I'm obviously interested in WDC and WCC, but most importantly I would like to know where you think Brawn F1 will be at the end of the season. Who wouldn't love a total turnaround for those guys, including beating McLaren-Mercedes with their costumer engine! We are talking something epic here...

My predictions:
    1. Ferrari
    2. BMW
    3. Renault
    4. Brawn
    5. Mclaren

For WDC I'm just rooting for Massa to be top 3.

...did I just kidnap somebodys thread? oops, sorry!
    Zag when they Zig

Pre-testing, I think I was McLaren/Lewis, now I am Ferrari/Kimi I think but it's hard to judge with BGP messing it all up - for my prediction to be correct, Ferrari need to catch up with BGP. In testing today, Heikki set the 3rd fastest time of this week's testing at Jerez so McLaren seems to be on it or was it just conditions or fumes or what? I dunno for sure.

So once more with passion: Ferrari for WCC, Kimi for WDC in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by magracer View Post
    ...did I just kidnap somebodys thread? oops, sorry!
    As I started this thread I'm probably best qualified to say you didn't kidnap anything. In fact I'm glad it's still going!

I'm probably going to be wrong about this, but I'm placing my bets on Kubica/ BMW Sauber to take it.

Brawn F1 I think will be the surprise of the season, but to be honest I think they do not have the strongest set of drivers at the moment. Maybe they'll manage to be the best of the rest, either way I think it's going to be a close fight between them, Renault and Red Bull.

I sorta feel Brawn could do it but then again maybe not. Ferrari are more the known quality of excellence - Kimi has proven to be hot or cold but I think it's probably hte best choice. Qualifying for Melbourne could tell us all a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I sorta feel Brawn could do it but then again maybe not. Ferrari are more the known quality of excellence - Kimi has proven to be hot or cold but I think it's probably hte best choice. Qualifying for Melbourne could tell us all a lot.
    Not too sure on that one lately...

I am going for Brawn this year. Ferrari has been having reliability issues and Merc isn't quick this year compared to others.
    "Consider all things - the events of your past and the possibilities for tommorow.
    Let nothing stop you from becoming the architect of your future." - Nicholas Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Not too sure on that one lately...
    Road cars or in F1?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Road cars or in F1?
    I was implying F1.
    Their usual rock solid reliability has kind of fallen off in recent years, particularly gear box failures.
    Ferrari is still a juggernaut of a team, but I doubt them being able to take the constructor's title again. BMW, Brawn, Renault, and Toyota could all have a go at it.

My fantasy formula 1 driver line up is kubica, button, and vettel.. If that means anything for this thread.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Will McLaren actually be as bad as they seem?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Will McLaren actually be as bad as they seem?
    From what I have been told, they lack a development driver badly. Hamilton is a very quick driver but he lacks the skills to develop/improve a car. Alonso may have sounded arrogant when he said that with him moving back to Renault, McLaren lost half a second but he spoke the truth.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    From what I have been told, they lack a development driver badly. Hamilton is a very quick driver but he lacks the skills to develop/improve a car. Alonso may have sounded arrogant when he said that with him moving back to Renault, McLaren lost half a second but he spoke the truth.
    I agree with this statement 100%. I really want to see Massa get the WDC after what happened last year. As for the WCC, Brawn GP all the way.
    "Consider all things - the events of your past and the possibilities for tommorow.
    Let nothing stop you from becoming the architect of your future." - Nicholas Hill

I dont think a lack of a development driver is a problem, theyve still got Pedro de la Rosa who is one of the best. The problem is the rear aero. The stream is possibly detaching somewhere along the car or the equipment at Woking is simply out of calibration, but the track numbers are different to the simulations.
    I am the Stig

I expect KERS equipped cars to have a definite advantage, so long as they are reliable enough to make it to the checkered flag they should take the podium spots. That said, I see Ferrari and BMW up front. Second tier is McLaren then followed by Renault & the Brawn GP cars. All the others are simply blowing smoke. Toyota will lead the third pack followed by Williams, Red Bull, Toro Rosso, and a very weak Force India team.

The drivers title is more open this season as changes will come as cars are developed throughout the season regarding KERS, Aero (protests of legality), etc.

All teams will attempt to "cheat" by continuing development of the engines (claiming reliability issues) and fine tuning the other aspects of their cars which are in gray areas of the rule book.

All-the-while the F1 Circus will roll on. It should be fun with lots of infighting both on the track and off it this year.

Thread Information