Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA IV : Rockstar Games

Last time i checked i was around 33.3% through, but that was a few days ago.. I think I'd be maybe 50% the way through now.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Last time i checked i was around 33.3% through, but that was a few days ago.. I think I'd be maybe 50% the way through now.
    I only invested 10 hours of my hard earned free time in the game yet... damn work... free time. I want it.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Ive just kidnapped the mob bosses daughter...cant be fcked checking the % right now.
    I am the Stig

Looking forward to get the game, came back from holiday and shops were all out...
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Anyone noticed that if you do a burnout long enough your tires explode?!?! Makes driving even more interesting. 23.23% through it but i only have an xbox for a few hours a day. get mine back tommorrow hopefully but on the flipside back to work so less game time
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Today I tryed the game and WOW! I have never played a game so good before, It's so realistic that it could be a movie you see... The car are a bit copyes, I saw a Corvette, Maybach, 300C, Escalade, Charger 69' and some I can't remember... But the grafic is amazing! all wo didn't have the game, Buy it right now! it's so good.. But after my meaning it's best on Xbox 360, (also the cheapest) and when it comes on Pc (maybe?) it think it can't run on my 4 years old pc :/

I love to drink-drive!!!
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    One thing I really like is how the gunfights work now. You don't just go blazing through and murder everyone. It feels a lot more realistic with hiding behind things, peeking out to pop off some shots, and the enemies hide a lot better too, so you actually have to sneak over to a better angle, very well done.

The car handling is more difficult, but it makes it fun, and the cars are a bit tougher so they last longer. I still wish it was harder to steal cars, so the one you have was more permanent. it would make those sports cars all the more valuable when you actually got one.

zomg there are some cool cars in this game. I LOVE the updated banshee(viper) and the comet is now a modern looking porshe model, its a thing of beauty.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    One thing I really like is how the gunfights work now. You don't just go blazing through and murder everyone. It feels a lot more realistic with hiding behind things, peeking out to pop off some shots, and the enemies hide a lot better too, so you actually have to sneak over to a better angle, very well done.

The car handling is more difficult, but it makes it fun, and the cars are a bit tougher so they last longer. I still wish it was harder to steal cars, so the one you have was more permanent. it would make those sports cars all the more valuable when you actually got one.

zomg there are some cool cars in this game. I LOVE the updated banshee(viper) and the comet is now a modern looking porshe model, its a thing of beauty.
    im thinkin the same. not only is the handling good but i like the effects of weather/change in road surface. Fair enough all the aspects arent exactly what they are like in say pgr4 but they still add nice effects and realism.

i think the comet is lookin like a lotus europa more now. im still to find the infernus and super gt enjoying the futo and banshee alot though.

i went drink-bowling last nite. who do you think has teh biggest alchohol tolerance. at mo i think its between roman and packie!?!?!?!?

edit - i alos love the gta vehicles in multiplayer i always love driving in games like halo and this tops them all
    Last edited by jugga; 05-06-2008 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    I haven't even gotten that far yet. ****ing girls and jobs and playoff hockey destroy your life. I did let that guy you chase through the construction site live. I just couldn't do it...
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    This game is addictive.. How far is everyone into the story? (if you hit start, then go stats, general then scroll down, it should tell you what % your through the story.)

EDIT: guiggs, same here, I've let everyone live I can.. Couldnt do it..
    Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    25.67% so far. Indeed it's addictive.

I also spared the guy's life.
    Sissies. If someone happens to bump into my banshees I get out and blast them through the windshield with my .12 gauge.

Edit: If you kill him he hits his head on a window on the way down and flips over. It's sick.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Sissies. If someone happens to bump into my banshees I get out and blast them through the windshield with my .12 gauge.

Edit: If you kill him he hits his head on a window on the way down and flips over. It's sick.
    im with you kill em all heh !

i do a burnout next to them drop a grenade at window then fishtail off in slow mo and watch explosion. a replay feature wud be soo sweet!!.

anyone ready for mp battle yet. all my cwk is handed in on fri so shud have free time whooop!!

forgot to say - its funny when they hit the horn with their head!!bit sick but its a game with too much detail!!
    Last edited by jugga; 05-06-2008 at 07:17 AM. Reason: too much cwk and energy drinks burn out my brain cells

My 360 kept crashing on the "Russian Revolution" mission, so it took me AGES to get past that stage.

Something wierd just happened though: I've moved to the 2nd safehouse, but I hadn't done any of Brucie's missions. I went back to do those and when leaving the diner after killing "French Tom", there was at least one grey car causing chaos outside the place...I jumped in mine only to find my car getting chewed-up by shotgun fire.

I didn't hang-around because I don't yet know where to find many weapons so I didn't want to waste what I had but was just wondering if, seeing as it's just around the corner from your first safehouse, Dimitri & Co. had sent some hitmen after Nico?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    My 360 kept crashing on the "Russian Revolution" mission, so it took me AGES to get past that stage.

Something wierd just happened though: I've moved to the 2nd safehouse, but I hadn't done any of Brucie's missions. I went back to do those and when leaving the diner after killing "French Tom", there was at least one grey car causing chaos outside the place...I jumped in mine only to find my car getting chewed-up by shotgun fire.

I didn't hang-around because I don't yet know where to find many weapons so I didn't want to waste what I had but was just wondering if, seeing as it's just around the corner from your first safehouse, Dimitri & Co. had sent some hitmen after Nico?
    yeh i noticed. at the time i thought they were there to protect that gay guy. i like it how the police get involved and sometimes they get on your side as long as you dont shoot first or shoot them.

another thing i found work to keep helis and other vehicles is the parking spaces outside safehouses and anywhere else around the city are like the garages before. u can fit more that one vehicle on them too just make sure at least 50% is on there.

heres how i did it with a collection of comets, futos (ae86) and a turismo.
    and yer im poor with crt tv and camera phone :P
    Attached Images Attached Images

okay this is weird i just turned on the 360 again and when i exited my safehouse only 2 cars were left?? it worked before!! it left me with the ae86 and comet. im off to find the sultan rs now which is a modified lexus whoop

So under mounting pressure I decided to get the game, haven't played very much at all but I admire the detail of the actions like, looking around before breaking a car window, or knocking somones coffee cup out of their hands.

Thread Information