Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maserati Ghibli 1967-1973

Maserati Ghibli 1967-1973

The Maserati Ghibli is a two-door, two-seater coupe released by Maserati in 1967. The V8-powered Ghibli was the most popular Maserati vehicle since the automaker withdrew from racing in the 1950s, and it outsold its two biggest rivals, the Ferrari Daytona and the Lamborghini Miura.
    It debuted at the 1966 Turin Motor Show.

The Ghibli's steel body, renowned for its low, shark-shaped nose, was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro. Giugiaro, who today heads his own company ItalDesign, worked at coachbuilder Ghia when he designed the Ghibli.

The car was powered by a front-placed quad-cam 330hp V8 engine. It had a 0-60 mph acceleration time of 6.8 seconds, had a top speed of 154 mph and could be operated by either a five-speed manual or three-speed automatic transmission. Maserati fitted the car with two fuel tanks, which could be filled via flaps on either side of the roof pillars. The car also featured pop-up headlamps, leather sport seats and alloy wheels.

The convertible Ghibli Spyder went into production in 1969. The Spyders were relatively rare, and the coupes outnumbered them almost ten to one. The slightly more powerful Ghibli SS (335 hp) was released in 1970. The Ghibli went out of production in 1973 and found a successor the following year with the Bertone-designed Khamsin.

Maserati resurrected the name Ghibli for the Maserati Ghibli II which was produced from 1992 till 1997.

Maserati Ghibli I #1:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 02-01-2013 at 03:50 AM.

Maserati Ghibli I #2:

Tomorrow i will add my own pictures of this amazing car

i saw one of these once on the FDR in manhatten. pretty cool i thought it was a detomaso at first
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

I'm in love, all over again
    "It's better to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow"
    - ...?

which maserati had the asymmetrical hood vents?

what a Beauty! Flowing lines from front to back, from top to bottom, from inside to the outside. Is there a more passionate design from Italy in that decade? maybe only the 250 GTO.

Favorite Maser? i think so...
    Last edited by ZeTurbo; 09-04-2006 at 08:03 PM.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Maserati Ghibli #3
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

This is cars veri mach biutifol

Maserati Ghibli #7
    Last edited by Man of Steel; 12-10-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Problem solved

Maserati Ghibli #8

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    Maserati Ghibli #7

I aquired a small cube shaped book called 'Dream Cars'. It was cheap so I bought a second example, from which I carefully torn the pages out. I also have a new scanner. The end result = Art.

Resolution could be bigger but the quality will drop in that case.
    Unfortunately the result is also a breach of copyright, so perhaps better not publish them here?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Well, if I had not put a title up (which is a translation by the way) I am sure no one would even notice or comment.

What about all the other pic's in the Hide out? I can already guess how many approvals from the publisher/photographers/manufacturers were asked before posting them...

Now it seems I am the only member in the Hide Out who completely forgot about copyright! Hopefully we can keep the pictures online.

If not please feel free to delete them. But it would be hypocrite just complaining about this 1 picture in that case

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    Well, if I had not put a title up (which is a translation by the way) I am sure no one would even notice or comment.

What about all the other pic's in the Hide out? I can already guess how many approvals from the publisher/photographers/manufacturers were asked before posting them...

Now it seems I am the only member in the Hide Out who completely forgot about copyright! Hopefully we can keep the pictures online.

If not please feel free to delete them. But it would be hypocrite just complaining about this 1 picture in that case
    I am not complaining, I am suggesting. I think pictures downloaded from the internet (many times via press sites of manufacturers) are free of copyright, and if not might be watermarked.
    b.t.w. it was only the Ghibli shot in post 7 that came directly from this book?
    It is a shady area but perhaps scanning from a book without permission should be avoided.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Hmm. Reading my earlier comments I feel I overreacted a bit. But anyway that's how I thought about it. It only concerns post #7 indeed.

Thread Information