Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaguar XF (X250) 2007-2015

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    The fact that it doesn't look "Jaguar-ish" is precisely the look they were going for.

those who buy Jaguar-ish cars have an average age of about Dead. they need new customers to cash in on the "brit-cool" trend.
    I know but couldn't they sort of modernise the shape while at the same time retaining some Jaguar traits? I guess not...

And why no manuals?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Manuals have enthusiast appeal - but nearly 60% of cars sold these days - and around 80% of the market in luxury cars - is sold with an Automatic transmission. Selling a few manuals doesn't outweigh the huge development cost involved.

And i still see it as a Jaguar - but a Modern one. which is precisely what it's supposed to be. It has a Jaguar badge, it has wood, leather and technology. It's a Jaguar.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Manuals have enthusiast appeal - but nearly 60% of cars sold these days - and around 80% of the market in luxury cars - is sold with an Automatic transmission. Selling a few manuals doesn't outweigh the huge development cost involved.
    The last time I checked, admiteddly years ago, autos here accounted for only 14% sales. Now they can possibly be up to 30% perhaps. For us a manual makes perfect sense, here you can easily see executive saloons with manual gearboxes.
    Visca Catalunya!

Certainly i can imagine a lot of smaller vehicles in Spain being sold with Manual, but Around my part of the world most cars (including all bar 1 of the cars in my household) are automatic.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It's 15cm higher than a 2000 Jaguar XJ.
    So? The XF has a sleeker roofline.

Attached Images Attached Images
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    So? The XF has a sleeker roofline.

Yes, but I prefer the classic three box Jaguar design. The back of the XF is too similar to that of the Lexus GS.

By the way I was thinking of the previous XJ, which in my opinion looks better than the current one.
    Visca Catalunya!

The back of the XF is too similar to that of the Lexus GS.
    More than likely that was their intention. I happen to quite like the rear end - reminds me a little of an Aston.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

It's 15cm higher than a 2000 Jaguar XJ.
    And the back of the X308 XJ is too cramped...

The interior is indeed brilliant, but the exterior is something of let down. Not because it looks bad, which it doesn't, but because it doesn't look Jaguarish especially at the back.
    Jaguar made "Jaguarish" cars in the X, S and XJ, and everyone said they looked rubbish and no one bought one.

Jaguar realised, quite rightly that, in the old days "Jaguarish" didn't mean "every car must look like the Series I XJ", so why should the latter be true now, when clearly no one wants such a car?

Now they make an extremely good looking, contemporary design, which every one loves, the lights and roofline change slightly from the "concept" preview and suddenly everyone hates it and says it looks like a Lexus.

There is no pleasing people, apparently.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 08-28-2007 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Jaguar made "Jaguarish" cars in the X, S and XJ, and everyone said they looked rubbish and no one bought one.

Jaguar realised, quite rightly that, in the old days "Jaguarish" didn't mean "every car must look like the Series I XJ", so why should the latter be true now, when clearly no one wants such a car?

Now they make an extremely good looking, contemporary design, which every one loves, the lights and roofline change slightly from the "concept" preview and suddenly everyone hates it and says it looks like a Lexus.

There is no pleasing people, apparently.
    I like the current XJ prefacelift, so don't blame me on that.

About this car, I think it looks good, but I'll say it again I prefer the classic three box Jaguar design, which doesn't mean it has to look the same as the classic XJ. They could just have made a reinterpretation of it, just like they did in 1968.

The interior though is just fantastic. All in all I hope this car succeeds and brings Jaguar out of the hole it's in.
    Visca Catalunya!

The doors look very similar to Lexus.
    Last edited by Merrill; 08-28-2007 at 04:51 AM.

An ugly Jag? I have always liked the looks of Jags but this one comes up short. The profile and the back are ok but the front is ugly.

...just like they did in 1968.
    Read yourself. That was 40 years ago. You just don't like things to change, which is purely emotional, totally illogical and anti-business. Jaguar is a business. Period. They are not an enthusiast's hobby or a national treasure. They are a business. A business that has been struggling to stay afloat amidst the old business plan. The market forced their hand in changing business plans completely and they have responded with a fantastic hand that, I think, has trumped Audi/VW in setting a new standard in interior beauty.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Read yourself. That was 40 years ago. You just don't like things to change, which is purely emotional, totally illogical and anti-business. Jaguar is a business. Period. They are not an enthusiast's hobby or a national treasure. They are a business. A business that has been struggling to stay afloat amidst the old business plan. The market forced their hand in changing business plans completely and they have responded with a fantastic hand that, I think, has trumped Audi/VW in setting a new standard in interior beauty.
    I think you didn't understand me. What I meant is that it was now time for another big change, but I'd prefer they would've done it keeping the traditional Jaguar characteristics.

I attach two pictures, the first one is a Jaguar Mk II which was produced from 1959 until 1966. The second one is an original Jaguar XJ Series I first introduced in 1968. That was a big change for a Jaguar saloon, but it somehow managed to still keep the Jaguar look. What I meant is perhaps a new change of this type would've been better, different but still a Jaguar.

I hope I've made myself more clear now.
    Visca Catalunya!

I seemed to like the concept XF a lot more. They messed up the headlights (which probably wouldn't have been put into production anyway), but something is awkward with the car somehow. It doesn't look all that bad, but I guess it's just okay.

I really think it does not have the Jaguar spirit, it looks like a bloody Lexus!

Thread Information