Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaguar XF (X250) 2007-2015

Quote Originally Posted by ldaragos View Post
    I really think it does not have the Jaguar spirit, it looks like a bloody Lexus!
    I can't really agree with you on the Lexus bit.
    But you are right this doesn't look like a Jaguar. Just like the E-Type didn't looked like a Jaguar in the sixties. Jaguar needs a change. They should have done it with the S-type.

I like this new XF, off course it isn't as sharp as the concept. (which is a bit disappointing) The interior is Jaguarish, or in other words pretty nice.
    And i might even get used to those new headlights.

I don't mind the look of this. It's just a pity they could keep the lights from the concept.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I seemed to like the concept XF a lot more. They messed up the headlights (which probably wouldn't have been put into production anyway)
    The production design would have been frozen well before the concept debuted. So the C-XF's headlight design never had a chance.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    The production design would have been frozen well before the concept debuted.
    The production design was signed off before the "concept" was even designed, let alone debuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    The production design was signed off before the "concept" was even designed, let alone debuted.
    Correct. That's what Ian Callum told us. The concept was just done to create some extra buzz.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Exactly. Too many people are under the impression that the XF was designed off the C-XF, when in reality the C-XF was merely a hype tool for the XF.

EDIT: IIRC the C-XF also served the purpose of showing off Jaguar's future design language.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 08-29-2007 at 02:44 AM.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    Exactly. Too many people are under the impression that the XF was designed off the C-XF, when in reality the C-XF was merely a hype tool for the XF.

EDIT: IIRC the C-XF also served the purpose of showing off Jaguar's future design language.
    Yes there are a number of bits on the concept that will make it on the future cars, like the flush doorhandles. They were done too late to put them on the XF production car.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    An ugly Jag? I have always liked the looks of Jags but this one comes up short. The profile and the back are ok but the front is ugly.
    I don't think it looks ugly and it actually looks much better in reality then I thought the concept suggested. However am I the only one who thinks this car looks slightly (dare I say it) "American"? No its definitely a European car but the interior styling and some of the exterior seem to echo "Lincoln" to me.

(I could not, not share this with you guys. That photo )

31 August 2007
    JAGUAR DONATES XF TO CHILDREN’S CHARITY – THE NSPCC

Details of Jaguar’s new XF were released only a week ago, but on Friday 7th September someone will ensure pride of place at the front of the queue for Jaguar’s stunning new sports saloon.

Jaguar Cars has donated what will be the first customer-owned full-production XF to children’s charity, the NSPCC. They will auction the car at a star-studded Masquerade Ball taking place at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry with help from new opera singing trio Elysium.

Geoff Cousins, Managing Director, Jaguar UK, says: “Jaguar is proud of its long association with the NSPCC and has worked tirelessly to raise money and awareness of the wonderful work they do to help children all around the UK. In donating the world’s first customer delivered Jaguar XF, we aim to raise a great deal of money to ensure the NSPCC end cruelty to children.”

The new Jaguar XF will make its public debut at the Frankfurt motor show on 11th September – four days after one determined bidder will have secured their very own XF. Fusing the style and performance of a sports car with the refinement, space and sophistication of a luxury saloon, the new XF delivers a driving experience that exceeds the expectations created by its dramatic looks.

Geoff continued: “XF is an incredibly important car for Jaguar and we have already had a great deal of interest with customers placing deposits without even seeing a picture of the car. Whoever wins the bidding will head straight to the top of a growing list and I can promise they will not be disappointed when they finally get behind the wheel.”

Not only will the highest bidder be the first to take delivery of the car – a Luxury 2.7 Diesel – in spring of 2008, they will also be able to choose their colour options with advice from

Jaguar’s Director of Design, Ian Callum. The new owner will also be able to visit the Castle Bromwich factory in Birmingham to see their car being built.

Jaguar has chaired the NSPCC Business Group in Coventry since its launch as the NSPCC Coventry Kids Committee in 1994 and to date they have raised over £1.75 million. This year Jaguar has joined forces with Ian Neale Construction Group as headline sponsors of the 2007 NSPCC Ball, which they hope will help the organisation break the £2 million mark.

This year, for the first time, interested parties will be able to bid on the telephone during the auction. Anyone wishing to place a bid for this, and the many other great prizes on offer should contact Jaguar’s Community Affairs Manager, Les Ratcliffe, on 01926 649899/ 07711 853103.

The new Jaguar XF will cost from £33,900 in the UK. Buyers of Jaguar’s new mid-size premium saloon will also enjoy class-leading residual values* in addition to owning a very well-equipped vehicle with a driving experience that matches the excitement of Jaguar’s bold new design language. With a top speed of 143 mph, the XF 2.7-litre diesel can reach 0-60 in 7.7 seconds and has a combined CO2 of 199 g/km, meaning it falls within UK Tax Band ‘F’. At this level it would not be subject to the proposed high level London congestion charges.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This Girl Luxury Pack greatly enhances the desirability of the new Jag...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I love every inch of this car. Best thing from Jaguar in a good while. Spot on design inside and out.

Jaguar XF (2009)

If a mod could merge this into the old XF thread thanks.

Jaguar XF 2009 #1
    Last edited by #1 Mustang Fan; 07-06-2008 at 04:50 PM.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Last edited by #1 Mustang Fan; 07-06-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Jaguar XF 2009 #3
    Last edited by #1 Mustang Fan; 07-06-2008 at 04:47 PM.

Jaguar XF 2009 #4
    Last edited by #1 Mustang Fan; 07-06-2008 at 04:53 PM.

Thread Information