Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gallardo and Murcielago power upgrade

Gallardo and Murcielago power upgrade

I heard that Lamborghini is planning to increase the Murcielago and Gallardo's power to about 650hp and 600hp respectively. This will put the Murcielago in the Enzo class, and the Gallardo will blow the Ferrari F430 into the woods! I hope they upgrade the cars in other areas aswell _ like optional ceramic brakes, weight reduction, and give the Gallardo less tendency to understeer.
    I like this idea, coz Lamborghini's must once again take there rightful place as, the unstopable raging bull!!
    If you have any info on this, plz post it.

power upgrades alone can not put the murcielago "in the Enzo class"...
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    power upgrades alone can not put the murcielago "in the Enzo class"...
    but it'd be pretty damn close
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I'm glad it won't be in the Enzo's priceclass
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

i wouldnt mind having a few super lambos running around!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    Do you mean you'd like it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    Who wouldnt Revival of the Jota anyone? LM002? Espada?

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Who wouldnt Revival of the Jota anyone? LM002? Espada?
    Id love to see a new Espada, biggish boot maybee, and it could be even be practical. a gt lambo eh.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Lamborghini is creating a power upgrade for the murcielago to about 750bhp but they r going to limit it to about 680bhp which is still higher then the enzo.. i think along with this the car will probably will be made lighter. the same with the gallardo only with less power then
    Raging Bull

I can't wait!!!
    These Lambo's are going to rock off.
    When will this happen? 2007?

ive herd that the new gallardo could be this year i think, look in the "ferrrari found to be 1 step behind thread" it says something about how there is gonna be a new galardo
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

It has been widely reported in the British media that there will be a 700bhp 6.5 litre evolution of the current Murcielago's V12, first appearing in the GTR, then the standard car.

The Gallardo will get 600bhp, and the Audi Le Mans will then move towards the Gallardo's current territory, albeit cheaper and not quite as fast.

These are reports coming from magazines that have been talking to the factory btw, so should be accurate.
    Thanks for all the fish

.... 3 words, i hate horsepower

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    .... 3 words, i hate horsepower
    I hope you know that this IS infact a car forum?

Anyway. I think this is ridicules. It will end with people not being able to handle the power... Just wind back 20 years and not a single car had 600 hp. Now all of a sudden a handfull of cars have a silly amount of power. Where is this going to end? If the battle continues we will see 1000 hp monsters within ten years (well, except the Bugatti...). but, I'm not complaining over more hp

Quote Originally Posted by Nogger
    Anyway. I think this is ridicules. It will end with people not being able to handle the power... Just wind back 20 years and not a single car had 600 hp. Now all of a sudden a handfull of cars have a silly amount of power.
    It isn't quite that simple:-

It is more to do with power to weight. Modern cars are required to conform to more and more stringent crash tests, and additional crumple zones and multiple airbags all add weight, so the power to weight ratio should be staying largely the same.

Also things like traction control and awd help get all that power to the road, and hopefully prevent numpties from dissapearing down ditches in their shiny new 600bhp Gallardos.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information