Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari Scuderia Spider 16M 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Ferrer, you truly are the king of narrow minded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Congratulations to them. I want my Ferraris with 12 cylinders.

Thank you.
    Porsche's first car was a flat-4. I guess they should never deviate from this either. Ferrari's first production car was a front engine V12. I guess they should never deviate or innovate.

The world according to Ferrer. Amen.

Thank you.
    You are welcome.

Just wondering - do you have anything similar to say about BMW cars à la "my bimmer must have inline-6 engine and nothing else" ?

You are welcome.

Just wondering - do you have anything similar to say about BMW cars à la "my bimmer must have inline-6 engine and nothing else" ?
    Couldn't afford it, but yes the BMW I'd really want is a six.

I acknowledge that they've made some great four cylinder cars and I'd like to own some of them.

Then again there are some manufacturers that are more prone stick to a formula than others. In some cases it is more specific (like Porsche) in others it isn't (like BMW). And in some cases there isn't any formula.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Couldn't afford it, but yes the BMW I'd really want is a six.

I acknowledge that they've made some great four cylinder cars and I'd like to own some of them.

Then again there are some manufacturers that are more prone stick to a formula than others. In some cases it is more specific (like Porsche) in others it isn't (like BMW). And in some cases there isn't any formula.
    So, if I understand correctly, your car is still a BMW although seriously flawed engine wise?

So, if I understand correctly, your car is still a BMW although seriously flawed engine wise?
    Of course, it's a diesel.

I wouldn't say seriously flawed, but I would definitely prefer a six.
    Visca Catalunya!

And in some cases there isn't any formula.
    I think a good argument is that the best tradition is innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I think a good argument is that the best tradition is innovation.
    Some manufacturers are naturally inclined to innovation, like Citroën or Honda, and it's welcome.

And others aren't.
    Visca Catalunya!

Some manufacturers are naturally inclined to innovation, like Citroën or Honda, and it's welcome.

And others aren't.

You sound more and more like preacher.

I'd like to see Ten Commandments according to Ferrer, that should be a laugh!

Amen brother.

:I'd like to see Ten Commandments according to Ferrer, that should be a laugh!
    I could do it.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post

I for one can't see the need of it. I can like the idea of a striped down roadster, but this is just a stripped-out version of the F430 Spider or a the drop top version of the Scuderia, it lacks charisma.

I suppose the "dry double clutch" stands for a double disc clutch.
    I agree with you in the pointlessness of the whole thing. If you really, really stretch it I guess you could say it´s a nod to the old sports car racing days and F1 (in the sense that F1 cars don´t have a roof).

What´s most interesting about this in my view is the dual clutch gearbox appearing in the 430.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

I could do it.
    Please, enlighten us oh enlightened one...

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    I agree with you in the pointlessness of the whole thing. If you really, really stretch it I guess you could say it´s a nod to the old sports car racing days and F1 (in the sense that F1 cars don´t have a roof).

What´s most interesting about this in my view is the dual clutch gearbox appearing in the 430.
    I don't think it's a dual clutch, even if stated so in the press release. my housemate never mentioned something similar, besides, the only DSG Ferrari has is the 7-speeds built by Getrag and used on the California. It should be the usual F1 transmission used among the F430 line-up, with two clutch's discs and a messed up press release.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quite like it except for two things. One it's got a stupid gearbox and two it's lacking some cylinders.

And the 16M moniker is just selfish.
    And none of that matters in the real world. The only reason Ferrari is there as a corporation is to make money, like all the other corporations in the world.

499 16M's? They'll sell like hotcakes. V8 or V12? Do buyers care? Maybe, but 499 of them certainly won't. Paddle-shift transmission instead of proper manual? There's certainly 499 people who will drool over the chance to "shift like Michael Schumacher!"

The world from a business point of view.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I don't think it's a dual clutch, even if stated so in the press release. my housemate never mentioned something similar, besides, the only DSG Ferrari has is the 7-speeds built by Getrag and used on the California. It should be the usual F1 transmission used among the F430 line-up, with two clutch's discs and a messed up press release.
    Correct me if I´m wrong, but I thought the California´s V8 was, if not the same as the F430´s, at least very similar, like the 599/Enzo´s V12. By which I mean the 430 could get that DSG gearbox, at least theoretically.

I looked at the other thread of this car with the interior in Alcantara suede and fabric, not as stripped out as the normal Scud. And now I find myself liking this car a lot
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    And none of that matters in the real world. The only reason Ferrari is there as a corporation is to make money, like all the other corporations in the world.

499 16M's? They'll sell like hotcakes. V8 or V12? Do buyers care? Maybe, but 499 of them certainly won't. Paddle-shift transmission instead of proper manual? There's certainly 499 people who will drool over the chance to "shift like Michael Schumacher!"

The world from a business point of view.
    The V8 thing is finicky really. They could make a smaller V12 but you probably wouldn't be able to notice much of a difference in the driving mechanics - it is more a tradition thing.

And Ferrer as you well know and as it has been mentioned many times, although Ferrari is not typically known for innovation, they do have a record for using a variety of engine configurations depending on application.

As for the 10 commandments, I seriously urge you to draft the 10 commandments for cars / automotive design in the eyes of Ferrer.

Thread Information