Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The best car EVER

Do I need to sat much more?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

close call between , 911, beetle and the Mclaren... but in the end... 9111

why? fast, reliable, stylish, practical... timeless masterpiece. -you can't beat that.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    close call between , 911, beetle and the Mclaren... but in the end... 9111

why? fast, reliable, stylish, practical... timeless masterpiece. -you can't beat that.
    Which 911 are you talking about? Or in general.. (which is kinda cheating )

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    But remember, to our American buddies French are pinko commie cheese eating surrender-monkeys...
    Yes, but they weren't then. Many americans in the 70s remembered Pearl Harbor or had fought in the Pacific. There was a large amount of anti-Japanese feeling when the Japanese cars (such as the Honda Civic) began to appear, and they were compared to the cheap and unreliable Japanese electronics of several years before. Compared to that, buying a French car would have seemed positively patriotic, and the few recent French products people would have seen would seem the opposite of the Japanese radios etc.
    UCP's second biggest classic-car fan. Representing the 1% of kids who love REAL cars : the classics

UCP mac user #3

TN55- latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving liberal extraordinaire

lots of good suggestions...and while I will say the mustang, mini, and a few others are big, I'd like to point out my choices:

The audi is awesome, but I don't consider it to be the best car ever. Yeah, AWD is cool, but these cars are a PITA ( i own one) and awd is not the best thing in every situation. Yeah, I drove my car in the blizzard this year, and it was awesome, but on dry pave RWD is just as good if not better. Therefore, I don't choose this car as #1, but rather as an Important factor in bring high performance to the masses.

The 911, while being all the things mentioned, is still outdated. Rear engined cars are simply outdated. For chrissakes porsche, move the engine to the middle. It's just better. You know it as well as I. All the chassis tweaks in the world won't make it the same. Therefore, porsche loses my vote.

Ahh...now what would you choose, sandwich? Hmmm....what car has spurred abstract thinking, brought about better cars while avoiding racing, and invented an entirely different category of automobile? I venture forth the Lamborghini Miura. It wasn't the first Mid-engined car, but I think this car single-handedly invented the supercar. For years people have been trying to better one another, and continually we get faster and better cars to drool over. Can we afford any of them? Hells no, but we can dream. Thus, this car started a revolution from cars that were relatively simple and unrefined to cars that were simply astounding. Because of it, we have cars like the F1 and the Countache today. No, it wasn't sold in immense numbers, and no, it didn't have racing triumphs, but I like my cars rare, and I don't race to often. Do you?
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

they couldnīt move the engine to the middle. itīs would not be a 911, and the middle engine is not necessary better. with rear engine you have more power on the exit of the curves. the problem?? rear engined cars often over -turn so thatīs not easy to control, but thatīs the funny part when you know how to drive one of this.
    Having a strange engine position is not always bad, moreover, thatīs part of the 911 legend
    Live and let die

moreover, who cares?

a mid-mounted engine provides better weight balance in almost all cases. why isn't the carrera GT rear-engined? Because it's not a good idea. Why does porsche continue to mount their engines in the trunk? Because people like you will continue to buy them, even if it's the same car year after year.

Lower polar weight distrubution (ie keep all the weight between the axles) will yield a better ride.

I agree, the porsche is a legend in it's own right. It's just not the best car ever. Regardless of what car you own, or what your daddy drives, or what banner your fanboyship lies under.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

ROR

I know you thought I would say Toyota Prius, but I say vector WX-3.

considering that it used aircraft spec rivits, and all the latest technology in aircraft spec parts.

well, look here for more info.

www.vectorsupercars.com/videos/by2000.mov

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    I know you thought I would say Toyota Prius, but I say vector WX-3.

considering that it used aircraft spec rivits, and all the latest technology in aircraft spec parts.

well, look here for more info.

www.vectorsupercars.com/videos/by2000.mov
    Yeah but your an idiot.

Gee, 800k dollars...i wonder why they stopped making cars?

I saw a picture of that HUD/LCD gauge display they have, and IT BLOWS. You would have to concentrate so hard to tell exactly what was happening...Tach, speed, Odo, all right next to each other....thanks, but I'll keep my aircraft electronics in my aircraft, and nice, big white faced gauges in my supercars.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

ROR

Oh yeah, and the aircraft spec rivets (3.5K$ worth?) make the car better. Seriously, they do. They're way better than regular rivets, or even welds. Who wants welds when you can have rivets?
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

ROR

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    That's cheating as the 911 is a car RANGE
    WHICH 911 ?
    the 993 stye body was the one of the first to come in with some comfort, it had great performance and spectacular looks.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

London, UK..but from South Africa originally
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Porsche 911. Because no car has ever blended comfort, practicality, looks, reliability and awesome thrills in to one car like it does..
    The Beetle...or as I like to call mine, a Baby Porsche.. if it weren't for beetles, there may not have been Porsches.
    BEETLE - By Everyone's Experience They Last Eternally

Thats a difficult choice, but the original Mustang has to be up there. It was the first real performance car for the masses at a reasonable cost, attractive styling and great potential for self-modification.
    No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar. ~Abraham Lincoln

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Oh boy. V16 Cadillacs, indeed all Cads from the 30's through to the early-mid 70's...Packards, Lincolns, Duesenbergs, Pierce-Arrows, etc from various years are great cars.

For me, the '59 Cadillac was the epitome for motordom. Everything before let up to it, and everything since has been downhill.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information