Thread: Porsche Museum Visit and the Lexus LFA racing car ...

Porsche Museum Visit and the Lexus LFA racing car ...

In January 2009 the brand new Porsche Museum opened across the street from the company's Zuffenhausen factory. It was a major improvement compared to Porsche's original museum, which served the German manufacturer for more than three decades despite its capacity of just 20 cars. Responsible for the imposing design of the purpose-built facility was Austrian architect office Delugan Meissel. Quite in contrast with the spectacular exterior, the museum's interior is clean and sober. As a result all the focus is on what is really important; the cars. In total around 80 Porsche and Porsche designed vehicles are on display. These range from the early Porsche 356s, several Le Mans winners to some of Porsche's latest products. One of the museum's biggest displays is dedicated to the legendary 917 sports racer. It features six distinct versions, including the 1971 Le Mans winer and the awe-inspiring 917/30 Can-Am car.
    Earlier this month we spent a day in the new Porsche Museum. This has resulted in a detailed article and a 100-shot gallery. In the coming weeks you can expect individual features on several of the museum's most spectacular cars
    Audi and Lexus revealed the first details of their 2010 racing programs this week. The most hotly anticipated of these was the Audi R15 plus. This rather dramatically styled evolution of the controversial R15 was required to comply with the slightly modified regulations. Whether this will be enough to regain the German company's stronghold on endurance racing remains to be seen. From the Castellet 8 Hours Le Mans Series race in April, we will be keeping a close eye on the build-up to the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
    Lexus yesterday announced a competition version of the LFA supercar launched late last year. Two of these will compete in the Nurburgring 24 Hours race in May. It will not be the V10-engined machine's debut at the 'Ring; the prototypes already raced in the endurance classic several times before.

Enjoy the links:

Porsche Museum Visit

2010 Lexus LFA GT - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Audi R15 plus - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I still remember when the Porsche Museum was just a room with as many cars as the room allowed jammed in there.

I guess another trip to Stuttgart is due.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I still remember when the Porsche Museum was just a room with as many cars as the room allowed jammed in there.

I guess another trip to Stuttgart is due.
    Lucky you're in Europe.

I was there two weekends ago and was going to post up pictures soon!

I also went to the Mercedes museum but I suspect there may be another feature coming soon...

The museum is a really good place, lost of room and your free to poke around the cars.
    One guy did take it a bit far though, he opened the door on the boxster concpet and then slammed it shut!
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree View Post
    I was there two weekends ago and was going to post up pictures soon!

I also went to the Mercedes museum but I suspect there may be another feature coming soon...

The museum is a really good place, lost of room and your free to poke around the cars.
    One guy did take it a bit far though, he opened the door on the boxster concpet and then slammed it shut!
    The Mercedes museum was part of the same trip. Don't withold your pictures, I will add several more here. We got full cooperation of the Porsche staff to open several cars for us (including the closed concepts), results of that will be part of the specific articles on these cars.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information