This summer, Volkswagen and driver Romain Dumas will venture to extreme heights with the I.D. R Pikes Peak. As the name suggests, the new VW racing car has been custom built for to conquer one of the world's most famous hill climbs. Built around carbon-fibre monocoque, the I.D. R features a pair of electric motors, respectively powering the front and rear wheels. The combined output is a hefty 670hp, which helps the car accelerate to 100 km/h in a staggering 2.25 seconds in the best conditions. The I.D. R would not be a proper Pikes Peak special without a wild aerodynamics package, which includes an absolutely massive rear wheel. VW and Dumas have set their sights on the 8:57 minute track record during the race, scheduled on June 24.
During the Espiritu de Montjuic earlier this month, we were treated what was effectively a revival of the TWR Jaguar team with a pair of Jaguar XJR-8 Group C cars taking to the track. Two of the three built ahead of the 1987 season, the cars boasts all the right ingredients from the howling V12 engine down to the legendary Silk Cut livery. We have used the opportunity to redo the features of both chassis J12-C-187 and J12-C-387 with fresh sets of images.
This week, we will be racing around France to capture the annual Tour Auto. A full report will follow early next week but to get you in the mood, we would like to refer to our archived articles from earlier editions.

Enjoy the links:

1987 Jaguar XJR-8 - Images, Specifications and Information

2018 Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak - Images, Specifications and Information

2015 Tour Auto - Report and 310-shot Gallery