Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speedwell Sprite

Quote Originally Posted by shedspeed View Post
    just found this topic on google
    just to let you know my dad used to work for speedwell around 1965 66 ,and he used to build the speedwell sprites
    welcome. Anymore that you can share with us? Stories, pictures??
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Shedspeed,
    It would be tremendous if you had an access to some photos of your dads work with the Speedwell Company and show us any. I knew David Jones back in the late 70's but he was limited to just some publications dealing with the speed records in the 60's. Thanks alot if you can show some pictures.

If anyone is interested in the Speedwell at the beginning of this thread, it now is on sale at Brian Classic in Cheshire, England. It has a lengthy history.

Quote Originally Posted by richrev3 View Post
    I've had this Speedwell Sprite GT for over 30 years now. It is one of two here in the US. This particular car has had some extra features: Fiat 1500cc engine, more open intakes, side windows, extended back area of cockpit – Although every Speedwell was made to custom specs. This car was never raced, just used as a touring car – now shows.
    Ok...chick talking here...it's so...CUTE! lol

And the more serious question: How does it drive?

Quote Originally Posted by CargalCanada View Post
    Ok...chick talking here...it's so...CUTE! lol

And the more serious question: How does it drive?
    good enough to participate in the Goodwood Revival, this is one of three..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    good enough to participate in the Goodwood Revival, this is one of three..
    Very cool...now THAT'S an event I would cross the pond for! Has anyone ever been?

Quote Originally Posted by CargalCanada View Post
    Very cool...now THAT'S an event I would cross the pond for! Has anyone ever been?
    your's truly...it was my picture of the Sprite.

To find out more about Goodwood look up "Goodwood Motor Circuit". Great revival of the 50s and 60s race cars. People even dress to that time period. And because it's at a airfield, many WWll aircraft will show. I'm hoping to make one of these years (sooner rather than later).

Quote Originally Posted by richrev3 View Post
    To find out more about Goodwood look up "Goodwood Motor Circuit". Great revival of the 50s and 60s race cars. People even dress to that time period. And because it's at a airfield, many WWll aircraft will show. I'm hoping to make one of these years (sooner rather than later).
    it is all here...

2013 Goodwood Revival - Report and Slideshow

thats a nice speedwell , i like the front

Thread Information