year: 1965-67
    engine: Chevrolet 6c, 4300cc. 171cv din @ 4800rpm
    chassis: monocoque
    weight: 1.180kg
    cw: 0,29
    0-100Km/h 10,5s
    220Km/h
    designed by Rigoberto Soler

are you sure this is a monocoque? Looks like a rolling chassis to me. But apart from that, who many were made? and was it really inspired by the Avanti?

Is monocoque, like Lotus Elise. Hollow beams formed by stamped steel plates.

The chassis weighs 120Kg, has a good resistence. Already a convertible version was foreseen, without the necessity of structural reinforcements.

They had made about 80 cars, most destroyed in accidents, favours to the good engine and the bad brake.

But never nobody died in these accidents, the car is very safe.

Originally posted by alcool_h
    Is monocoque, like Lotus Elise. Hollow beams formed by stamped steel plates.

The chassis weighs 120Kg, has a good resistence. Already a convertible version was foreseen, without the necessity of structural reinforcements.

They had made about 80 cars, most destroyed in accidents, favours to the good engine and the bad brake.

But never nobody died in these accidents, the car is very safe.
    I think the Elise actually has a space frame, similar to this one. Anyway, with all those accidents was there also an element of optimistic/poor driving involved?
    How many are left?

That's really amazing info. Alcool_h! and amazing car...thanks

FINALLY I TRIUMPH
    Had this guy not bumped this thread, I would have never found out that somebody posted anything about this car. I've been searching for information about it for quite some time now, but haven't found anything (the fact that I'm completely incompetent at using UCP's achives doesn't help much either -___-). Most sites that relate to it are in portugese obviously (which I don't understand, sadly). What I'd need now is a high-res photo of the car as I've never seen a decent one yet (I got the one in the OP too, but that isn't exactly high-res). Can anybody help?
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Can't help with hi-res images, but you can use a translator: Google Translate

There quite a bit of info on this short-lived automobile. Even a comparo with the Jensen Intercepter on YouTube

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYnmtMJMi4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYnmtMJMi4[/ame]
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

thanks
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

It resembles the Jensen Intersepter. If I saw one on the street I would think it was a Jensen.
    Thanks

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Neat little car. I can see both Jensen and Avanti in that one. That big Chevy straight six would be quite a bit of motor for that car. Incidentally there's a small but dedicated crowd of folks dedicated to performance enhancements of the old American I6's, you could probably perk it up a decent bit. I don't know what kind of brakes it is using, but depending on the suspension and braking setup, that might be able to be improved upon, too.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information