Thread: Lyonheart K 2012

Lyonheart K 2012

Lyonheart K

LYONHEART K
    A New, Truly British Luxury Sports Car

21.02.2012. The LYONHEART K, an all-new, truly British luxury sports car, is launched today.

Classic Factory, the Swiss design company, recently enjoyed a huge worldwide success with its modern interpretation of the legendary Jaguar E-Type, designed by Robert Palm in collaboration with Bo Zolland. In order to meet customer demand, decision was taken to build a limited series.

Robert Palm, CEO of Classic Factory, said: “We want to make the 'Made In England' label into a truthful concept, not just a statement. Every part of the Lyonheart K is developed, engineered and hand-built in England. The design clues of the Lyonheart K reflect Britishness at its best: cool, elegant, refined, understated yet powerful and dynamic.”

The 5.0 Litre Supercharged V8 delivers 550PS and 680Nm of torque. Carbon fibre panels cover a state-of-the-art aluminium chassis, keeping the weight below 1600kg. The Lyonheart K reaches 100kph in under 4 seconds and tops 300kph (electronically limited).

Lyonheart's design philosophy is simple, use only genuine materials: carbon fibre, leather, veneer, polished stainless steel, brushed aluminium and chromed metal, nothing else. Extreme attention has been given to every exterior and interior detail. The aluminium engine is revealed by opening the traditional, front-hinged clamshell bonnet.

The Lyonheart K is entirely hand-built in Coventry by skilled craftsmen and a new company has been founded: Lyonheart Cars Ltd. The order books for the 50 first Lyonheart K cars are now open at a basic price of EUR 495,000 (without taxes). The estimated delivery time is 18 months.

For more information: Lyonheart.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lyonheart K #2

Reminds me of that Growler model that is also based on an E-Type that they joked about on Top Gear
    Current - 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
    Current - 1998 Honda Civic 160i Luxline

Because it is Growler E version 2.0

So why is it called the Lyonheart K then?
    Current - 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
    Current - 1998 Honda Civic 160i Luxline

I think I'd prefer to spend the money on a rebuilt original.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen_Ferio View Post
    So why is it called the Lyonheart K then?
    After William Lyons, I would think. Also, growler is a synonym for bathroom.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Lacks originality?
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

For whatever "originality" it lacks, it looks pretty decent.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Lyonheart K #3

LYONHEART K. 250 – No More. No Less.

Due to very encouraging customer response, the planned production of the all-new British luxury sports car, the LYONHEART K, has been increased to a series of 250 cars. In addition, upon customer insistence, a convertible version of the Lyonheart K will also be built.

The Lyonheart K was presented to the public in February 2012 and immediately achieved worldwide acclaim. Created by Robert Palm, founder of Swiss design firm Classic Factory, the Lyonheart K will be built in Coventry at Envisage Manufacturing, well known for their expertise in building low volume series for renowned carmakers.

Robert Palm said: “Every part of the Lyonheart K is developed, engineered and hand-built in England. The build quality will match and even surpass the best you can find on the luxury car market. With partners like Envisage and Cosworth, we are truly confident to be able to put an extraordinary product in the hands of true connoisseurs.”

The Cosworth refined 5.0 Litre Supercharged V8 delivers 575PS and 700Nm of torque. The state-ofthe-art all aluminium chassis and a finely tuned multilink chassis offers superb dynamics and agility. The Lyonheart K reaches 100kph in under 4 seconds and tops 300kph (electronically limited).

Lyonheart's design philosophy is simple: use only genuine materials – leather, veneer, polished stainless steel, brushed aluminium and chromed metal, nothing else. Opening the traditional, fronthinged clamshell bonnet will reveal the high-tech Cosworth refined powertrain.

70 percent of the production will be sold in Europe, 10 percent in the Middle East and 20 percent in China. The production will be strictly limited to 250 cars, including coupé and convertible. The price will start at 350,000 Euro before tax and deliveries start early 2014.

Lyonheart K #4

Lyonheart K #5

Lyonheart K #6

Thread Information