Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat it Corvette Fans

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Yeah, but that V8 in the Z06 only beat a RS by .1 seconds on the 'Ring.
    Not saying the Viper can beat it though.

LOL a win is a win

Quote Originally Posted by pAinTrAin
    1000 thats all?

I know guys that have got over 1200 out of a V8...

I think its sad that the stock viper's V10 is putting out 500hp and the stock corvette Z06's V8 is also putting out 500hp. I would liek to know what kinda hp GM could get out of a V10
    The cylinder count means shit, if your gunna go about it that way you'd compare the 2 based on the Z06 being 7L and the Viper being 8.3L
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Yeah, but that V8 in the Z06 only beat a RS by .1 seconds on the 'Ring.
    Not saying the Viper can beat it though.
    Put the same tires that were on that RS on the Z06 and i bet there is a big difference

BTW, Hennesey is notorious for crap build quality, no this isint a biased statement, look it up

i dont see to many people buying a 260k dollar viper
    Last edited by CSL; 08-10-2005 at 09:39 PM.

3 have already been bought and 24 are being made so we will see

Found some real pics ! This car is secks on wheels !
    Attached Images Attached Images

omg thats AMAZING

Yea, that 2001 Vette costs about half as much and kills this Viper. And it still gets decent enough MPG, and I'm sure it kills the Viper in handling. Eat what now, hater?

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    The cylinder count means shit, if your gunna go about it that way you'd compare the 2 based on the Z06 being 7L and the Viper being 8.3L
    Even better. The Vette Z06 is a 7.0L V8 making 505 HP. The Viper is an 8.3L V10 making 500 HP.

The new Z06 is going to be tough for a Viper to go up against (stock for stock or moded for moded). But I think it will be so close it will come down to the driver. I personaly would rather have a SRT-10 than a Z06 any day just because I don't like seeing my car (or at least cars close to my car) 2-5 times a day. Corvettes are just to plentiful. Hell over 1.5 million have been built. Were as only 14,000 vipers have been built. Rarer, more hand built (not one robot is on the viper assembly line), and better looking are just a few qualities I like in the viper.
    97 Viper GTS
    93 Dodge Viper (Sold)
    My Videos http://www.youtube.com/early93viper

Quote Originally Posted by early93viper
    I personaly would rather have a SRT-10 than a Z06 any day just because I don't like seeing my car (or at least cars close to my car) 2-5 times a day.
    If its your favorite car, whats wrong with seeing it more than once a day? I love to see Corvettes.
    Corvettes are just to plentiful. Hell over 1.5 million have been built. Were as only 14,000 vipers have been built.
    Well thats awfully easy to say when your car has only been built ~15 years conpared to the more than 50 years of the Vette.

Woo, 600 posts
    eat cicada

Quote Originally Posted by early93viper
    The new Z06 is going to be tough for a Viper to go up against (stock for stock or moded for moded). But I think it will be so close it will come down to the driver. I personaly would rather have a SRT-10 than a Z06 any day just because I don't like seeing my car (or at least cars close to my car) 2-5 times a day. Corvettes are just to plentiful. Hell over 1.5 million have been built. Were as only 14,000 vipers have been built. Rarer, more hand built (not one robot is on the viper assembly line), and better looking are just a few qualities I like in the viper.

You really think they will be close in performance? Why not ignore the fact they have the same power and the Z06 weighs a lot less.

Corvettes are plentiful, well of course seeing they have been around since 1953.

better looking is your own opinon

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    You really think they will be close in performance? Why not ignore the fact they have the same power and the Z06 weighs a lot less.

Corvettes are plentiful, well of course seeing they have been around since 1953.

better looking is your own opinon
    Good to see we're both on the same page. I'd hate to argue on this topic alone.
    eat cicada

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLETON
    Good to see we're both on the same page. I'd hate to argue on this topic alone.
    It also has to do with demand for a car, Vipers are not in high demand unlike Corvettes

and even if he does see more than 1 a day, its still going to be a car that can beat a Viper, along with some of the best from Ferrari, Porsche, BMW ect

I hate to say it but the vette will smoke the viper. But have a hell of a time with the GT.
    Last edited by rev440; 08-12-2005 at 05:51 PM.

The C6 Z06 SUPPOSEDLY ran a the quarter mile in 11.5 @ 127mph.

This was SUPPOSEDLY run by MT's Detroit guy who is supposedly not their best driver. The best Ford GT ET recorded by the major mags was 11.2 @ 131mph.

If these times are true then the Z06 is going to make a lot of Ford Fanboys very nervous...here's the first of what will be lots of evidence.

Thread Information