Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geo Metro Convertible

Hey everyone, this is my first post here on this site. I stumbled upon this thread and had to register so I could drop my 2 cents in. Looks like the last post was yesterday, I dont know how busy this site is, so I dont know if it's considered "dead" yet, but, too bad, I'm bringing it back .

The problem here is not the car, but how you all are perceiving it. Yes, the whopping 55hp is not too impressive, unless its sitting next to the Deer lawnmower, but that is not the point. This car was developed to be a city car, not a pavement pounding beast. I have a 95 1L 5speed and even though I am outside city limits, it is a great car in regards to fuel economy, size, space, and "care factor". The car has 117k on it, so its pretty old, and it hasnt been pampered, but I dont want to give the impression that it was beat to hell. Still, the engine is worn out and it still gets 30-35mpg city. Pretty impressive I think! I once got 42 on highway, and I know I can do better. I dont know about 50+, but like I said, mine is worn..

Size, this car is small. I can park it anywhere and not worry about hitting stuff.

Space(not to be confused with size), this car is huge! No it doesnt seem huge but once you lay down the rear seat there is a huge interior volume in respect to the car itself. Once transporting old tires off my 67 Mustang, i fit the 4 wheels with mounted tires in the hatch. I bet if I maxed her out, I could fit 8. When I got my Cobra wheels mounted on my 98 Mustang, I could barely fit the 4 wheels alone in the Mustang.

And worry factor.I cant beat the living fudge out of it and not care whatsoever. I have to crumpled quarterpanels, a shoty bumper, rusty hood, and rotted out running boards and it doesnt bother me. Its just alot nicer then freaking out over a bleamish on a nice car.

Now, to regain my manhood, Im not a tree hugging hippie etc etc... I like hotrods,musclecars, and bike, and I would never just rely on a "economy car". It just serves its purpose and serves it well. Sorry for the rant, but I couldnt help myself...

Looks like cheese
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    A perfect example of why this car isn't respected over here:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    A perfect example of why this car isn't respected over here:
    I think it not being respected is an understatement...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Teehee...I'll say though, that the Metro I posted here is one of the better-condition ones I've seen...Metros really seem to get beat on a lot harder than almost anything else...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Yep, it is a rebadged Suzuki Swift.

It is hard to call it a classic though, it is so recent. IMO a car has to be pre 1980 to be a classic.

And I don't think this car will ever become a classic. While they are good for a giggle because they are so tiny, I don't think people will be grabbing up badge engineered low buck Japanee cars you can stick in your back pocket when it starts to reach classic status. The only collectible quality of the car is that it is from an orphaned marque.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    Teehee...I'll say though, that the Metro I posted here is one of the better-condition ones I've seen...Metros really seem to get beat on a lot harder than almost anything else...
    That is because a lot of poor families are buying them, and don't really seem to have a lot of money to keep them up. THey are pretty much rigs.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Thread Information