Thread: McLaren F1 LM

Question McLaren F1 LM

im curious bout the specifications of the mclaren F1, what are the specs of that one since that still seems to be the fastest roadcar to me in like

0-60 in 2.90 secs
    top speed of like 225

just heard that that great enzo thingie did 3.28 & 217.5

well then, they should be ashamed of themselves.

but i would like to see the other specifications of those cars

like 0-100mph & even 0-150 & 200

1/4mile 1/2mile 1mile

to see if that enzo really is capeble to knock this allmost 9year old thing of the throne

ya but the enzo weighs an extra 1000 pounds more
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

Originally posted by bum-man
    ya but the enzo weighs an extra 1000 pounds more
    Which is one reason why the F1 LM performs so much better, which is what uk83 was pointing out. I don't understand... you seem to use the extra weight as an excuse, as if the F1 LM's lighter weight is somehow cheating or immoral.

Thumbs down

What is the point of comparing the F1 racecar to the street legal Enzo? Compare the normal F1 to the Enzo.

well i guess what i meant is if the enzo could drop that 1000 pounds it would be 1 hell of a car...maybe a special edition enzo in the works heh.
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

Originally posted by DiabloGTR
    What is the point of comparing the F1 racecar to the street legal Enzo? Compare the normal F1 to the Enzo.
    You must be thinking of the F1 GTR, because the F1 LM is fully street legal. It's the cream o' the crop as far as McLarens go, and much more for the hardcore rich guys

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    You must be thinking of the F1 GTR, because the F1 LM is fully street legal. It's the cream o' the crop as far as McLarens go, and much more for the hardcore rich guys
    Rowan Atkinson(AKA Mr. Bean) has a McLaren F1. I wonder if he crashes in to that blue car with it
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Actually, ironically, he has crashed it I'm pretty sure it's been repaired though. I don't think he was injured at all.

Rowan Atkinson has very poor taste. Best thing that could happen to one of those is crash. What about a test in deceleration and driving stability at 200+mph?
    Performance can Seduce

yeah thats what i was asking 1/4 mile of a mclaren F1 and that of a enzo. i would love to see those to race each other both stock. that ll teach those permanent "ferarri is the fastest" & whatever you say i wont believe you annoying peaple.

maybe there is a track they both raced? and times?

I think the real issue here is...

price. I mean, I know most people who have enough money to buy an Enzo have enough to buy a Mclaren too. But just look at the statistics. Yes the Mclaren is still faster, though only slightly. However when you consider it's price, probably $1 million U.S. or more. Then the price of the Enzo, around $650,000 U.S., something extraordinary happens! The Ferrari actually looks like a good value!

Now with that said, obviously many things go into consideration when buying a hyper expensive supercar, sometimes the least of which is the price . I guess it depends on whether you want ultimate performance, or which car looks better too you etc.

Ok I'm done ranting! Good day to you all!
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

funny

i dont see it as an excuse, but as a compliment.
    with 1000 pounds more and so close performance. imagine if the enzo were lighter...?

There were only five LMs ever made.
    If the enzo were 1000 pounds lighter...

well they'd have to take out everything that would make it enjoyable and they'd still probably not be able to take 1000 pounds off
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

Thread Information