Thread: John Hennessey's Thoughts on Z06...

John Hennessey's Thoughts on Z06...

haha, enjoy Viper fanboys. Even Henessey knows what's up!

http://www.viperalley.com/showflat.p.../o/all/fpart/1

Some excerpts:

"the new SRT Coupe is a great looking car with huge potential for performance. But in stock form it will get smoked by the new Z06 (ie as much as half a second in the 1/4 mile)"

"The new Z06 is so impressive that who would want to own a Viper and get beat by one? I am interested in lining a stock SRT Coupe against a stock Z06 from a 60-160 mph roll and see what the differences are. we will have a new srt coupe in the shop soon. anybody in houston getting a new Z06 soon? let me know."

I don't understand what he is trying to do....is he trying to do a test that many people, people who understand cars and those who don't, won't even really recognize as a worthy test? I certainly don't, as where the hell will that help the Viper if it can beat the Z06? It already loses in the 0-60, 1/4 mile, and around the track, so what would this prove?!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Actually rumor has it that Car And Driver has got their hands on the new Z06 and the Viper Coupe and the Viper coupe has been pretty even with the Z06. You can find the discussion on Viper alley under give up too early or something of that sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Actually rumor has it that Car And Driver has got their hands on the new Z06 and the Viper Coupe and the Viper coupe has been pretty even with the Z06. You can find the discussion on Viper alley under give up too early or something of that sort.

That will be an interesting article. The Z06 is probably faster but I don't think by that much.

What people really need to see is how a Z06s and vipers performance are about the same as a 200K ferrari 430 or any other Ferrari for that matter. I Would like to see a magazine test 430 vs viper vs Z06. Although I would rather have the Ferrari I bet performance wise they would be about the same.
    97 Viper GTS
    93 Dodge Viper (Sold)
    My Videos http://www.youtube.com/early93viper

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    key words: You can find the discussion on Viper alley

of course a viper site would say that, from what ive read in Road&Track, the Z06 ran their nurimberg(however its spelt) several seconds faster than the viper, lambo's, porsche's gt2's etc etc etc it ran like a 7:43
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by werty; 09-17-2005 at 05:21 PM.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Thread Information