Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Secondary Dream Cars

Alternate Dream Cars

This should be fun for everyone and also helpful to those looking for a car to buy. I call it Alternate Dream Cars because there is a car out there for everyone.

If you are looking to buy a car and you want a specific type of car but can't afford it. This is where you can post your dream car and people can find you an affordable comprimise!

Here is an example. You want a fast sports car that looks like the Ferrari 575. Well lets say you can't afford a Ferrari and have a budget of $25,000 - $30,000 You could get a 2005-2006 Corvette instead.
    Last edited by FastDriver; 05-18-2011 at 06:44 PM.

I'd like a roadster, that would be nice but since I got my bike I think I'd buy a bike. A Ducati 848! =)
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

I think what you're referring to is an attainable car we'd like to have, right?

A Civic Si would be nice. Preferably the EG hatch, but I'd settle for a more recent one.

Maybe a WRX Impreza. If I were to splurge though, maybe an old model NSX or S2000.

My father's friend is a parts manager at an Acura dealership, he bought an early NSX for around $20,000 and is stashing it as an investment.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I think what you're referring to is an attainable car we'd like to have, right?

A Civic Si would be nice. Preferably the EG hatch, but I'd settle for a more recent one.

Maybe a WRX Impreza. If I were to splurge though, maybe an old model NSX or S2000.

My father's friend is a parts manager at an Acura dealership, he bought an early NSX for around $20,000 and is stashing it as an investment.
    The point of this thread is to Post here a car that you want, but cannot afford, so someone reading it can find you an affordable alternative. You named 3 different types of cars. I don't understand your request. What is your budget and what type of car.

Maybe I should have changed it to "Alternate Dream Cars" to avoid confusion. Just read the first post on here to understand what we are doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    I'd like a roadster, that would be nice but since I got my bike I think I'd buy a bike. A Ducati 848! =)
    If no one else buys this "Ferrari Daytona" ill take it!

Replica/Kit Makes | eBay

I would love a Aston Martin DBS Volanta but that's never going to happen. I would love to own a Aston Martin, yes the DBS is not the fastest car compaired to other GT car but theirs somthing about it i love.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    I would love a Aston Martin DBS Volanta but that's never going to happen. I would love to own a Aston Martin, yes the DBS is not the fastest car compaired to other GT car but theirs somthing about it i love.
    What is your car budget? You can get a Maserati Grandsport for about half the price of an Aston Martin and it has an almost identical body style

2005 Maserati Gransport Coupe for Sale - 972888 - duPontREGISTRY.com

http://motors.shop.ebay.co.uk/Cars-/...2006|2005|2004
    Last edited by FastDriver; 05-19-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    What is your car budget? You can get a Maserati Grandsport for about half the price of an Aston Martin and it has an almost identical body style

how about £15,990.00
    2004 (54) MASERATI COUPE 4200 CAMBIOCORSA | eBay UK

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post

You'll be lucky, i'm defantly have not got a budget which streaches out that far, infact i don't even drive i'm 16.

I thought this thread was for cars we would love to own, i thought it was a " in your dreams thread" but it's nice to know that you think that i have the money.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

no, if you read the first thread you will understand. This is for people to say what your dream car is, and post your budget and someone can read it and find you an afordable compromise that is similar to your dream car I hope I was helpful! You can get a Maserati instead of an Aston Martin, just for an example!

^^^ I see, this thread is a bit confusing though. About the Maserati Coupe 4200 Cambiocorsa, it's a good car for the money, but cheap exotics are so expensive to run and maintain. Cheap exotics are tempting purchase but their mostly more trouble that their worth.

To buy a cheap exotic you have to have a lot of passion and more money than sense.
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Well it all depends on how often you plan on driving it

^^^ Well i wouldn't use one as a day to day car even if my situation allowed me to, the reason being as followed, most of them are unreliable, so if i own one i couldn't trust it enough to use as a main day to day car.

About how often you plan to drive it, well not very often because most of the time it will be in a garage being repaired, You'll be forever buying replacement parts, like clutches ect.
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    ^^^ Well i wouldn't use one as a day to day car even if my situation allowed me to, the reason being as followed, most of them are unreliable, so if i own one i couldn't trust it enough to use as a main day to day car.

About how often you plan to drive it, well not very often because most of the time it will be in a garage being repaired, You'll be forever buying replacement parts, like clutches ect.
    Isn't that the fun of owning an Italian car

Thread Information