Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Turbo Or Big Single????

for drag low down power/torque doesnt matter anyway cause u launch at high rpm all drag racers care about is big power, but for road it is way more important if u want a driveable car to have the low down torque

yeh nitrous is expensive and not to mention illegal on the street in Australia (i cant speak for other countries) and u dont have it all the time like a decent turbo set up

I agree, although I don't see a problem with using both turbos and gas at the drag strip.

Originally posted by Nildo
    I agree, although I don't see a problem with using both turbos and gas at the drag strip.
    I know it can and has been done .... but I think actual cylinder pressure would be outrageous, do these engines actually last like that?

I have used nitrous on cars, owned a few turbo cars ... but the idea of engine longevity when using both boggles my mind.

Originally posted by NoOne
    I know it can and has been done .... but I think actual cylinder pressure would be outrageous, do these engines actually last like that?

I have used nitrous on cars, owned a few turbo cars ... but the idea of engine longevity when using both boggles my mind.
    I dont think the idea of longevity and drag racing go together.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Sorry, but I was referring to a street/strip setup.

you could build a pretty tough engine that could handle a fair few runs but ud need to replace things like conrods and rod bolts all the time otherwise u lose a piston or conrod out the side of the engine block (i have seen an engine block with a hole in the side where the conrod has decided to let go - obviously the engine was copping a bit of a hammering tho)

It aint my idea of a good time out if you need to rebuild the enine every few runs. I also peronly think whats the fun in owning a car if it wont last any length of time or hased to be trailoerd around. A good idea i heard once which a bloke had on a EL flacon he turboed he had a 75 hp shot of nos which he started on and when the turbo spooled up it was shut off (i cant rember if that was done by a computer or mechanicly) to make up for the lag in the system.

i have heard of some guys putting the trigger for the shot of NOS underneath the accelerator, so wen they mash it to the floor it activates - very clever i reackon

No good on the street though.

thats a very common setup. its not a switch under the petal its in the ECU with a piggy back system that detects WOT and injects the n20, the system has to be armed for the injection to occur so on the street you want have an accedental discharge and surge of power
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

HA that nos-pedal thing was the best invention ever problem is you cant tell they have it and then get smoked over and over
    Dont Drink and Drive home Drift and Slide Home

I have seen the under pedal switch, but I think its a bad idea and have yet to see it work well. Too many times people have their car setup to launch well at full throttle, but few can accelerate with full throttle and nitrous from a dead stop without inducing uncontrollable wheelspin.

Unless a nitrous system is set-up absolutely perfect, it should be quite easy to identify (from behind) when it is being used by the black exhaust smoke, this is from the extra fuel being not entirely burned in combustion. If that is not evident, either the system is perfect tuned or the engine is running too lean(most likely), which will sooner or later lead to piston damage from detonation.

Originally posted by pato
    i have heard of some guys putting the trigger for the shot of NOS underneath the accelerator, so wen they mash it to the floor it activates - very clever i reackon
    i think its a clever idea but a stupid one too

R34 can i ask you to re-read your last post please...

i think its a clever idea but a stupid one too
    how contradictory can you get? mabe your trying to say someting intelegent but want to cover your ass incase either way you were wrong... jeez
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Originally posted by megotmea7
    R34 can i ask you to re-read your last post please...

how contradictory can you get? mabe your trying to say someting intelegent but want to cover your ass incase either way you were wrong... jeez
    clever thing is that when u push da pedal rite down it activates the NOS, stupid thing is that there might be a "accidental discharge and a surge of power"

Thread Information