View Poll Results: Which car would you rather own, given the facts and/or personal preference?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • '02 Acura RSX Base premium 5 speed

15 55.56%
  • '93 Toyota MKIV Supra Inline 6 N/A 5 speed

12 44.44%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2002 Acura RSX Base Vs. 1993 Toyota MKIV Supra N/A

That 300ZX really isnt molested. The seats and interior are fine, floormats can be removed. Realistically those taillights aren't bad in reality, theres a number of cars over here with those - Its not ugly in person.

from what I know the 300ZX is going to be more reliable if you thrash it than the BMW, and faster and more enjoyable than the supra. You will also find a large number of websites/forums dedicated to it. If the scene is anything like it is over here people will have no problem lending you parts or help to aid you in any modifications or issues with compliance. I've borrowed an airbox for the silvia to clear a defect. I'd rock the 300 quite well realistically, its a very nice car aesthetically, the wheels suit, and its got the sports bodykit. It'd be an attention grabbing ride at any meetup over here in australia - We dont see many 300's in that style.

EDIT: CAMNISMO - whats wrong with sparco seats?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    That 300ZX really isnt molested. The seats and interior are fine, floormats can be removed. Realistically those taillights aren't bad in reality, theres a number of cars over here with those - Its not ugly in person.

from what I know the 300ZX is going to be more reliable if you thrash it than the BMW, and faster and more enjoyable than the supra. You will also find a large number of websites/forums dedicated to it. If the scene is anything like it is over here people will have no problem lending you parts or help to aid you in any modifications or issues with compliance. I've borrowed an airbox for the silvia to clear a defect. I'd rock the 300 quite well realistically, its a very nice car aesthetically, the wheels suit, and its got the sports bodykit. It'd be an attention grabbing ride at any meetup over here in australia - We dont see many 300's in that style.

EDIT: CAMNISMO - whats wrong with sparco seats?
    Nothing really, Ive seen some really nice Sparco stuff, but not those seats...There not even like a racing style seat. Personally, I like Bride, something like this would look great with the outside being black....alos I like the Carbon Fiber back...yes, I know, other company's make this too, but I just Favor Bride...

Hey, did anyone notice the 300zx does not have a Shift Knob??? A good Nismo one would fix that
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Oo____oO GT-R

Sorry cam, I dont see any difference between the side bolsters. They're both sports buckets (reclinable). Just because its leather doesnt make it less of a sports seat.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Sorry cam, I dont see any difference between the side bolsters. They're both sports buckets (reclinable). Just because its leather doesnt make it less of a sports seat.
    True, but like I said, I just prefer Bride Seats. Also some Recaro's too, but if I was looking at buying this Z, the seats would be the least of my worries. I mean there just seats, but I am a fanatic about stuff looking right, and those seats just dont look right in that Z.
    Oo____oO GT-R

eh, Bride are over-rated by the Nissan crowd imo. can't really go past recaro/sparco for value, and if you wanted to spend more, well there's racing tech
    OT: forgett hat BMW unless have you have a decent back-up budget haha. and be really careful with the 300ZX, it might be very close to needing new turbo's and with that cramped engine bay that will be a pain. not to mention the exhausts..
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 07-23-2008 at 09:50 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

The BMW will be ludicrously expensive to run but if you can afford it, it has the steering wheel on the correct side, a V12 engine and more class than the other three cars put together.

That's what I'd go for.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

and three times the cost if something goes wrong too.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    eh, Bride are over-rated by the Nissan crowd imo. can't really go past recaro/sparco for value, and if you wanted to spend more, well there's racing tech
    OT: forgett hat BMW unless have you have a decent back-up budget haha. and be really careful with the 300ZX, it might be very close to needing new turbo's and with that cramped engine bay that will be a pain. not to mention the exhausts..
    What clutch said, the 300zx will be good while its runs but that V6 with twin turbos is a nightmare to work on. Many jobs on the 300 are a engine out job, so major repairs may be costly.

The BMW is exactly the same if something goes wrong it may be time to sell a kidney to finance the repair. Body control modules are a fairly common fault on the electrical side and are far from cheap for a new one.

Stick with honda
    Last edited by charged; 07-24-2008 at 02:41 AM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Thread Information