Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The LS7 is amazing - LG Motorsports' latest results

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    what i was saying was that a 4 cylinder pushing that much boost isnt going to be as reliable as most naturally aspirtated engines no matter what the number of cylinders is.
    As an example he's given you (twice) an eyewitness comparison of a turbo-4 which IS far more reliable/durable than a V8!
    your really showing your intelligence by trying to act like a smart ass btw. keep it up.
    With attitude/cognition like yours he's not the one looking a fool

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    a real four banger turbo, with 1.5 litres only
    Hang on- is that the one that Nelson Piquet used? With 1500bhp?!

(Or round about that much...)

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Hang on- is that the one that Nelson Piquet used? With 1500bhp?!

(Or round about that much...)
    yes, BMW says it has 1350 in qualifying trim....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    wow theres really something wrong with your brain huh. you consider a motor thats been rebuilt 2 times in one year reliable!? are you an idiot? the vette motor likely will last well over 100,000 miles and never have a problem!

why dont you give it up? your wrong.
    So its Ok for you to say that too me, when I come back with a reply you have the gall to call me a smart ass.
    Your motto should be do as I say not as I do

Turbo's for going V8's for towing
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

So when you put both together you can go and tow. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    So when you put both together you can go and tow. Nice!

you get an F40 for that
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    erm .... DIESEL's for towing !! AND trucking and hauling
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    erm .... DIESEL's for towing !! AND trucking and hauling
    all diesels come with Turbo these days...

all diesels come with Turbo these days...
    a DOUBLE-WHAMMY
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Slicks and Juggs I'm using your logic or generalisations. You guys think if its got a turbo on it its in the shop getting fixed all time. Its annoying isnt it
    Uhhh, I never said anything like that.
    I dont think the Rotary is unreliable because its turboed if thats what your getting at.
    .Know you know how people feel after reading 95% of your posts. You guys cant be told anything. Matra is right slicks you cant be told because your totally biased towards V8's . I personally like all engines for either their benefits or drawbacks. Slicks Ive even got a SBC in my skiboat and its a great motor. My mate has a 13b rotor turbo in his ski boat does the same job just in a different way, doesnt nessescary mean one is better than the other. Slicks and Juggs you guys would say what a wanker putting a rotor in the boat, I say good on him trying something different. If only I could be like you where your opinions are always correct and everybody else are always wrong. Time to open up your eyes a bit and live and let live
    Ill admit I am biased to V8 engines, but that wont hold me back from appreciating a good engine (no matter the setup).
    I like the rotary for what it is, but you have to face facts.
    Actually I think its a very unique and cool idea putting a rotary in a boat (got any pics?)
    I think its time for you to not judge so quickly.

a real four banger turbo, with 1.5 litres only
    Thats seriously hot, but I cant read German

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Thats seriously hot, but I cant read German
    the basic figures are the horse power in qualification trim and the horsepower for a race....

wow...you guys...READ!! this is not a v8 vs 4 cylinder thread. its for discussing the LS7 mentioned in the first post. if you cannot understand that you should just stop posting here right now. if you do understand that, then you still cant tell me a pretty much bone stock motor from the factory pushing 700 horses, still brand new motor reliable,with great gas mileage, and driveability isnt amazing. i dont get how you can say its not a big deal. so what if your race car puts out this much per liter, its still a ****in race car! i have still not seen any proof of a car that was mentioned being more reliable yet either. just cuz a motor hasnt been rebuilt in 4 years doesnt mean its going to go longer than this will without being rebuilt. no car mentioned yet has had all the same characteristics as this motor. just because your BIASED AGAINST v8's doesnt mean your right.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Juggs, are the LG mods covered by the factory warranty ?
    How do you know it's reliable and has "great gas mileage" ?
    What is service interval ?
    I coudlnt' see anything from what was posted that woudl suggest it

This thread totally turned out badly. It seems every time someone mentions an impressive V8, it always has to end this way. Lame.

Can't anyone just appreciate the aspects of this engine as well as 4-cylinders? It's not a war. Reliability has little to do with it either. Reliability often has little to do with the layout or tune of the engine. Toyota Supras can honestly sometime produce 1000hp reliablly, wheras a lot of older Jags with more displacement and less power can't drive a block without breaking down.

This engine produces masses of torque, weighs very little especially for it's displacement, and is remarkably efficient for its output. It's not trying to replace 4-cylinder turbo engines, so what's the big deal? It's almost as if nobody is capable of simultaneously appreciating the LS7 and something like the FQ-400's Turbo 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Juggs, are the LG mods covered by the factory warranty ?
    How do you know it's reliable and has "great gas mileage" ?
    What is service interval ?
    I coudlnt' see anything from what was posted that woudl suggest it
    I hate to try to argue with you, because I know I'll just end up with 12 pages of text in reply Just keep in mind what we're looking at here. Of course the LG mods are not covered by the factory warranty. Then again, the 600hp inline-4 previously mentioned would not be either. We do know that in stock form the engine is reliable and gets excellent efficiency-per-output (I am hesitant to say it has "great milage", because nothing with this much power gets "great milage"). The LG modifications (the largest gain came from headers) generally do not increase power disproportionately to the decrease of efficiency. Testing so far (again, in stock form) has shown no reason to doubt it's just as reliable as the LS1 or LS2. I'm not saying you're wrong about asking any of these questions, just that both of you have gone a little off-track. Again, let's make sure this isn't a "battle of the engines" - both types offer advantages over the other. Maybe not so much earlier, but if you read Juggs' most recent post, it's not hard to see that he's being totally reasonable.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 04-09-2006 at 06:13 PM.

Thread Information