Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussies don't take crap!

Aussies don't take crap!

MUSLIMS WHO WANT TO LIVE UNDER ISLAMIC SHARIA LAW WERE TOLD TO GET OUT OF AUSTRALIA
    Date: Tuesday, 18 July 2006, 12:25 a.m.

The Australians got this right !!

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.

Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you," he said on national television..

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia: one the Australian law and another, the Islamic law, that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically, people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslimson Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It.?

?I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the ' politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia."

"However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like " A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFE STYLE. We will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,' THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'." "If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

Posted by a member on GTPForums.

I applaud the Aussies. Now if America could grow a pair and do the same.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Will they do the same with extremistic Christians?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

we have extremist christians?
    hell, i barely know any christians that live here..religion is not the most popular past time
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Oh how I long to hear those words come from Tony Blair's mouth:

If you don't like it... f*ck off.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Nothing worse then bloody Christians knocking on your door at 11am Saturday morning to try and convince you to buy some ****en book and be part of the ****en mumbo jumbo there in. I don't force my ways on to others or them so they get the standard reply when they wake me from a great sleep.
    **** OFF!
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

first thing i noticed wrong with this article is that it mentions christianity as a major religon.. i dont know many people who are christian, or any kind of religion ether...
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

its just that they tend to think that religion is something they're born with, and thus put it on the census...
    Last edited by junaman; 07-24-2006 at 02:53 AM.

I think Christain Countries use it to define themselves as 'Secular with common law based loosly on the principals of Christianity' rather than 'living under Christian law, or having a majority of Christians in the population'.

They tell you that the sky is falling...

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Oh how I long to hear those words come from Tony Blair's mouth:

If you don't like it... f*ck off.
    Yeah to hell with freedom of religion. Can't you see that these rediculous actions put you at exactly the same level of non-civilization as these extremists.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Look, I just get very tired of people who stand in Hyde Park burning the Union Flag; or standing in the streets calling for war on the West and the infidel opponents of Islam; being allowed to remain in the country.

I'm all for questioning the govenment and bringing our leaders to account, but I don't like the idea that there are people who have moved to the country in which I was born just so that they can try to kill me!

In England I am allowed to get drunk; listen to heavy metal and my girlfriend is well within her rights to show a bit of cleavage. I celebrate Christmas and I eat cow like it was going out of fashion.... these are all things afforded to me by living in a free country and if that offends someone then they should leave.

If someone came into my house and started complaining that I was smoking, I'd tell them to go into the garden.

What about my freedom to be a-religious?

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    In England I am allowed to get drunk; listen to heavy metal and my girlfriend is well within her rights to show a bit of cleavage. I celebrate Christmas and I eat cow like it was going out of fashion.... these are all things afforded to me by living in a free country and if that offends someone then they should leave.
    These same liberties give them the right to demonstrate. They should be brought to justice if they commit a crime, not for having a rediculous opinion. The idiots should be explained that they can demonstrate because of all the things they are protesting against. If they don't like them, they should not use these freedoms. There are millions of Muslims who are willing to contribute to civilization, but they also feel threatened by these generalizing remarks. That is also why I made my remark about extremistic Christians.

(Ted Joans)

The thing is, Sharia law is something that fundamnetally against the way that most Aussies like to live. Have the laws there to catch the bloke who nicks your car, but not to tell you how to live and not to have a beer on a sunday arvo on the deck.

This is leftovers from the Cronulla riots, when a bunch of guys who were complete dickheads trying to force their opinions (Sharia law) on some girls on the beach, and beat the crap out of a couple of lifeguards sticking up for them. But the problem was that they were complete and utter f**kheads, who just happened to be Muslim
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    The thing is, Sharia law is something that fundamnetally against the way that most Aussies like to live. Have the laws there to catch the bloke who nicks your car, but not to tell you how to live and not to have a beer on a sunday arvo on the deck.

This is leftovers from the Cronulla riots, when a bunch of guys who were complete dickheads trying to force their opinions (Sharia law) on some girls on the beach, and beat the crap out of a couple of lifeguards sticking up for them. But the problem was that they were complete and utter f**kheads, who just happened to be Muslim
    They should be punished for their abuse of the girls and lifeguards, not because they are muslim. It's a human reaction to put people in easily identifiable groups, but it is also very dangerous. As soon as the government starts dictating what people should and should not think, we have lost the battle against extremism.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    They should be punished for their abuse of the girls and lifeguards, not because they are muslim. It's a human reaction to put people in easily identifiable groups, but it is also very dangerous. As soon as the government starts dictating what people should and should not think, we have lost the battle against extremism.
    That's the problem. The government and media have jumped on it and won't let it go to try and get some cheap points.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information