Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I wrote it off :(

I wrote it off :(

Well, last thursday night was an unpleasant one for me. I may have taken a certain corner a little too quickly, but the fact that a deer came hopping down the mountain at that time did not help. A hopeless attempt to swerve around the thing ended in my tail hitting gravel and my car spinning 180degrees and into the opposite lane, then rolling off the embankment and onto its roof. I was stupid for going too fast. It could've easily been avoided. Now I'm left with no car and an insurance corporation that can't be counted on for much help. The Jetta is gone.

Bummer. Still as they say you are undamaged so that’s a plus. I am always loath to chastise others when it comes to over enthusiastic driving in inappropriate places. Especially when they have shown suitable contrition. Being 170 years old I tend to have caution take a front seat to exuberance these days but there are several instances where in my younger days my own irresponsible insanity could have ended my life. I am slightly more happy to say that none of those posed a particular danger to others that I am aware. I believe the worst crime you can commit on the road is to take another’s life due to your irresponsibly or stupidity. Seconds of stupidity do not deserve to be paid for in blood but they certainly should not be paid for by others.
    Bummer ’bout the car al the same!
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Happy to hear that after all you are ok.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Ouch, hope you're ok. I bet the rolling must have left a brown mark in a' pants. Shame about your car though, I like Jetta/Bora's. On the bright side there's the opportunity for a shiny new car to play with.
    Are there any pictures of the accident?
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 08-22-2007 at 05:07 AM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

ouch, what a setback
    how long have you had the car?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Bummer dude. although getting a car on it's roof is high five worthy. so long as all are OK.

hope things go well insurance wise.....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Lucky!
    No injuries, it's only a chunk of metal.
    Main thing is you and everyoen else is safe and well.
    Hope insurance pays to get a close replacement !!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I am happy you are alright and I hope the insurance company will pay. On the other hand, why were you driving too fast?
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

any pics? i've seen some pretty bad accidents by deer damage at my uncles body shop in maryland
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

First Der Uberwagen and now your Jetta. Glad your okay Rob.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I've already said my piece to you on MSN Rob, but just glad you're OK. Don't listen to other folks next time...

Deer stink. I prefer it more on my dinner plate.

Good to hear that you're okay.

your should have just killed that thing
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Ouch, hope you're ok. I bet the rolling must have left a brown mark in a' pants.
    Are there any pictures of the accident?
    Actually the only thing that went through any part of my body was the thought of how badly my dad would kick my ass (just as I was about to roll). Pics are on my friend's cellphone. If I can find some way to get them on here I will. They say a lot thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    ouch, what a setback
    how long have you had the car?
    I was about 10 days off of having her for 1 whole year.

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    why were you driving too fast?
    Because I'm young and stupid. Oh, and I love cars and everything about them (including driving them to their full potential - and in this case PAST)

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    your should have just killed that thing
    I only do that during hunting season, but now that I think back on it, that seems like the better idea.

Thanks folks for all your comments. By the looks of it, things are sorting themselves out. I've already got plans to see a 96 Firebird V6 with 49,000km on Saturday morning. Mint condition and all original, $7,900 . I feel like getting into a little american muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    Thanks folks for all your comments. By the looks of it, things are sorting themselves out. I've already got plans to see a 96 Firebird V6 with 49,000km on Saturday morning. Mint condition and all original, $7,900 . I feel like getting into a little american muscle.
    No No No! Don't get a firebird witha V6. That should be a sin. And can't be considered muscle either. Go for and LS1 'bird... you'll thank yourself later. And 7,900 seems alot to me.

Thread Information